Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Cabriolet Rear Spring Access - HELP

Milo72

Spa-Francorchamps
I'm replacing my stock springs for Techarts.. Before I went away I did both fronts and now i'm home I thought i'd finish the job.

First huge stumbling block, access to the top nuts. I read the hood can go into service mode to access them, but at what ever point I put the roof I can't get to that carpet panel. I'm sure I must be doing something wrong.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Lift the cab roof so its about 6 inches up .. the clam shell should be pretty much open.

There are x2 lock down cables .. one each side on ball joints .

Goto the the o/s/r and hand under the cab roof till you can feel it .. pop off the bottom ball joint .. just twist and pull it off .

Same for the other side .. you then lift the rear glass section up .. if the roof isnt too far open then it will rest against it and not fall back down .. if not close the roof slightly .

The carpet pulls out .. a few pull out trim clips .

This might help ..

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techar...chanism/71-BODY-Convertible_Top_Mechanism.htm

As always.... A star.

Thanks deMort, just went into the garage and had the roof sorting in minutes, will also be able to get all those leaves out that the vacuum never manages to reach.

Thank you very much

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back