Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ride height

rich07

Hi guys, while I am waiting for new alternator pulley I wanted to ask a few questions re suspension. When I say suspension I mean ride height, i'm looking to lower the ride height, my 993 sits much lower at the rear is this normal? if I change just the springs can I achieve a level lower ride without adjustable suspension?

i'd post a pic but all my pics are over 2mb

thanks rich

Others will answer with specifics but my understanding from a recent visit to the suspension deity at CG is that road use is normally level and track sometimes adds 5mm or so of rake to raise the rear (or lower the front). Not heard of rear being lower - doesn't mean it isn't valid, though.

Here are some specifics:-
If you want to reduce file size easiest way is edit with Paint, resize by reducing pixels say 750 by whatever, save as new name so you keep your original.
Mine is set at RS front and RS+5 mm rear.
i.e. 124mm front 112 mm rear, nominal, adjusted for corner weight balance by the wizards at CoG.
Usual advice is no lower than RS +10 unless you fit RS front uprights.

Attachments

• ride_height_by_option_and_spring_pt_number_pub_rennlist_142.pdf
    284.2 KB · Views: 57

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stinkyspanner
Back