Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ordering replacement fan bearing, size?

rich07

Hi guys, just in the middle of alternator fan and shroud refurbishment, rather than pay a rediculous amount of money for the bearing and hub from porsche or aftermarket suppliers has anyone measured and ordered the bearing from a supplier? I don't trust my measuring skills.

Thanks rich

Thanks guys, great info, will get that ordered asap, especially as the start of warmer weather is on its way, brighter evenings etc.

v belts

Hi guys, alternator all back together, new voltage regulator and fan bearing installed. I am having trouble with the belts, porsche have supplied two both the same, alternator and fan, the alternator belt is to slack even with all the shims removed?

Attachments

• 20190218_202352_363.jpg
    20190218_202352_363.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,328
Hi, which engine number is installed M64.?? there are different "Schmalkeilriemen" of the length for that.

Hi, which engine number is installed M64.?? there are different "Schmalkeilriemen" of the length for that.

.......for M64.05 is 9.5 x 776 (999 192 338 50)

the next is 9.5 x 760 (999 192 343 50) and then 9.5 x 753 (999 192 373 50)

the order numbers for the belts in brackets

Hi, it's a manual.....

so it looks like I have the right belt?
I emailed the parts guy at porsche, he says it may be to do with a tech update that mean the pully halves also need to be replaced. He's going look into it and let me know.

Hi Rich,

OK that sounds right to me. I'm attaching the "Pulley Update" from Porsche for your info.

ATB :)

Attachments

• pulley_update_147.pdf
    32.3 KB · Views: 59
Hi thanks for that, it's a shame porsche didn't realise that the pully needed to be changed when they gave me the new belt, pulley arrives on Thursday, so fingers crossed for a drive at the weekend.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back