Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 996 this week......?

Some vogtland springs. They are nice purple colour. They were also much softer than the porsche springs in that standing on one and bouncing my weight I could bottom it out. Whereas the porsche ones I could barely move them. On the car, it didnt feel a lot different, but the low ride height made me worry about speed bumps, so they lasted a week and I took them off. On the plus side I am pretty quick at changing springs over now.

February seems to be the month for spending a lot! Last year I got a new engine, which was a nice surprise after 1 month of ownership... This week was the first minor service.

I have also booked in to Centre Gravity for a full suspension overhaul and Ohlins.

I have also ordered some Tubi Style back boxes as my current Dansk have broken on both sides at the flexi joint.

March is going to be a good (But expensive) Month. :D

Let me see quite a lot (not strictly this week, more so far this year)

Oil Service,
New rear discs & pads
Spark plug, coil pack, and shiny new heat shields
Finally had the split flexis on the Dansk back boxes cut out & new flexible sectiosn welded in.

Currently back having the H&R anti roll bars fitted before the 4 wheel alignment.

For my 996T:
IPD Plenum
74mm TB
Kline Exhaust with 100 cell cats
Some nice new IX54 exhaust tips
And a bit of a tune!

In short a 9E38 package tune by Ken at Nine Excellence.

As advised the car is transformed. Not only is there more boost but it picks up quicker. I'm back to, when I first bought the car, being too busy to look at the boost gauge concentrating instead on the horizon coming towards me at a pace.
Oh and did I mention the soundtrack :cloud9:

Thanks Ken, great job and a nice touch to have my car front and centre in the showroom, ahead of the GT3RS's etc in there, when I came to collect. :thumb:

All three radiators, both condensers, all connecting hoses and clips from rads to chassis pipes, coolant change (genuine Porsche) and every o ring.
This lot was ordered speculatively as the car had lost its aircon fluids, so assumed the whole lot was rotten, only to find that the rads were fine :pc: Aircon leak was from one o ring only :roll:

Because of the labour involved in getting this far, the new stuff was fitted anyway.

Aircon measured, regassed, oil added etc and fully pressure and vacuum tested.

At least I have total peace of mind now.

DynoMike said:
All three radiators, both condensers, all connecting hoses and clips from rads to chassis pipes, coolant change (genuine Porsche) and every o ring.
This lot was ordered speculatively as the car had lost its aircon fluids, so assumed the whole lot was rotten, only to find that the rads were fine :pc: Aircon leak was from one o ring only :roll:

Because of the labour involved in getting this far, the new stuff was fitted anyway.

Well thats one way to make sure Mike! Blimey!

I'm going to attempt to change the centre rad on mine next week without a safety harness... What could possibly go wrong!?

ragpicker said:
DynoMike said:

Well thats one way to make sure Mike! Blimey!

I'm going to attempt to change the centre rad on mine next week without a safety harness... What could possibly go wrong!?

Just buy an o ring Rags!

You'll be fine. Be aware that you need rivets and a rivet gun.... Probably a good idea for hoses as well.

Good luck old bean!

47128443791_fdafc39d00_b.jpg

New comfort seat switch and fitting...

Don't ask...

Osh

That's better than what I thought you were gonna say Osh...

yet another bonnet badge. :grin:

I hope that saga has calmed down for you bud. :thumb:

Marky911 said:
That's better than what I thought you were gonna say Osh...

yet another bonnet badge. :grin:

I hope that saga has calmed down for you bud. :thumb:

:floor:

Ashtray delete / non smokers option.
Always thought the square ashtray didn't quite fit in with the interior/ looked generic parts bin.

Dan

Attachments

• 76955a6d_1999_4b6b_89e6_c6bfdfc33195_198.jpeg
    76955a6d_1999_4b6b_89e6_c6bfdfc33195_198.jpeg
    444.7 KB · Views: 3,630
Thought this thread had been deleted as I found it on page 9 with the last post being Feb!!! :eek:

Anyhow, only 680 odd miles since last years and the best part of £800 later...

Major service, drive belt and plugs done at DW Performance in Wellingborough :thumbs:

Changed from Dove House to go here and glad I did :thumb:

New original PSE back boxes, being fitted as I type.

Hideously expensive but I wanted to keep the car original.

This means that I will have the originals, which were splitting in the usual place, but not yet blowing and a more or less brand new pair of Eisenmann aftermarket valved boxes for sale, once I've got the car back.

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stinkyspanner
Back