Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

help putting my 987.2 front PU back please !

Nattyboy

Nurburgring
just refitted my 987 spyder PU back and it seems i have a couple of bolts left over :roll: (did organise the bolts but someone knocked them over :sad:

does anyoe have a diagram of where all the bolts securing the bumper/liners go ? - struggling !

cheers
nat

Are they actual bolts, or screws like the ones used for the wheel arch liner?

Apologies - it's been a long day ! Yes the screws 👍

No diagrams im afraid but how i work it out ..

If its a T30 with a small collar which acts as a spacer then its a pu outside screw .. basically any hole thats not a flush fit .. so the outer pu holes including the one o/s/f . n/s/f closest to the arch liner on the outer side .. up in a hole is one of these .

Any with out a collar which are normally T20 / T25 depending on the model of car then arch liners or the arch liner panel underneath .. back a bit from the pu and fixes the arch liner basically .

What i will say .. its pretty dam common for me to find them all mixed up .. it doesent really matter if you do .. each screw does its job even if in the wrong place .

Again .. even if several are missing it wont make any difference .. but i realise it would be wrong .

If nothing helps above then please photo what you have left over .. ill tell you where they normally go .

have you got any pictures of your leftover screws? This will make it easier for us to identify them

Hi. Pretty sure you will have missed the same screw hole on both sides. They can be difficult to spot. There are the ones around the rim of the arch, a couple behind the strut and also in the middle up high. Finally, if I remember correctly, there are a couple where the liner tucks under the floor behind the arch, linking with the underside covers. Pelican parts may hove a copy of the parts manual online which would help.

Thanks for the help guys - it was a sneaky bolt either side fixing the bumper onto the body - easily missed !

Attachments

• dae16eb5_640b_4f8e_b687_8b186bbefb61_122.jpeg
    dae16eb5_640b_4f8e_b687_8b186bbefb61_122.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,412

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back