Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pattern Part Header Tank Problems.

Hi iain, thanks, yes I checked the seal. It's flush against the base of the cap. It has been working fine for a number of weeks before it failed.

Ok thats good .. well not so actually as it would seem to be the coolant tank :(

Have a look at the threads and try a different cap .. but im afraid i suspect the tank is at fault .

MisterCorn said:
Pickse said:
I recently had one fitted to my 996T, not sure if it's the same but the deroures site (https://www.deroure.com/partinfo.as...31&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=99633121900&SC=1&PBID=75482) suggests the same part number 99610615704 is valid for later C2's.
They list it at £86 plus vat plus delivery etc but it will be genuine Porsche.

996.2 tanks are a relatively sensible price. 996.1 tanks are not.

MC

OMG .. i just looked up the price for each .. i had no idea :eek:

PAT ?

Just tried a replacement cap, it's also running on the tanks threads.
New tank then. :nooo:

Just to bore y'all further, a quick update.
Another header tank was supplied by the parts company.
They offered a 'core exchange" type deal which I thought was fair enough. They also said they'd no previous reported problems with the pattern part, so I decided it was worth trying again.

So ... new tank fitted , and coolant is still escaping between cap and neck once the engine is at temperature. :nooo:

Having spoken to DM about it, I'm going to get a pressure test done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back