Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911uk discount at Top Gear exhaust, Bridport for GROUP BUY

Wayne is the best mapper from everything I have heard , he is doing my car when Hartech have finished the rebuild and as you say its more about the power curve than the bhp bragging rights at the pub :thumb:

I've fitted my switchable exhausts but not done the wiring yet so can't control the valve position.
Does anyone know what the default position is without the vacuum applied, valve open or valve closed?

Thanks

Stever
I have pse and default is valves open, have to turn off/ close valves on early morning starts, neighbours SWMBO!!

Steve , the default is valves open. I found this out when I sneaked off to get one and in the morning started the car and it started on loud even though I had left it on quiet lol so rolling pin to the head came next :grin: :grin: :grin:

Thanks,

I'd plumbed in the vacuum tubes as per the the Porsche PSE Technical Instructions but not done the wiring yet. With no power/vacuum the valves were are set to open so I've replumbed the vacuum lines for now to set them to closed until I fit the switch, relay & loom.

Top Gear System Sounds

Well I got the car back after some open engine surgery to replace a damaged valve lifter which entailed a lot of the "while I'm in here" work inc the dreaded IMS. My, perfect, IMS is now a paperweight on my desk.
One of the jobs was to change the exhaust as the original one was badly corroded. Went for a full system from Topgear: new manifolds, 200 CELL sports cats, mild sports silencers. Overall my indie in Cork who was doing the job was very impressed with the fit and finish. I was nicely impressed with the sounds, it can be a bit rorty at low revs so, just keep em high. Service from Topgear was flawless.
It's quiet when you want but when you open it up it's nice and loud but not offensive.
anyway, here's a wee track with some noises while parked up.
edit - oops, I'll need to work out how to upload an mp3 file, doesn't seem to like it!

:thumb: :thumb: :?: look forward to hearing it when you suss out how to load it

Well a year after receiving my sport sound boxes I finally got them fitted yesterday.

For the last 3 year since buying the car, I thought it was very quiet running the quiet Dansk boxes that it came with.

After the indie installed them he mentioned that the car already had Top Gear 100 cell cats. So I now have original manifolds / TG 100 cell cats / TG Sport Sound boxes. The result.
When you're on a constant throttle it's pretty much the same as it was, no drone to speak of.

Small increase in throttle pressure = small noise
Medium increase in throttle pressure = Medium noise
Bury it in the carpet = race car

Its a toy, rather than a daily and I absolutely love it. So much more character.

My car has Top Gear cats fitted (by previous owner).

I keep getting an engine check light coming on with the diagnostic code P2098 (post catalyst fuel trim system too lean bank 2).

My local indie thinks the cats have extenders to trick the O2 sensor readings and this is triggering the fault message.

Has anyone else had this problem with these exhausts/cats? Or know how to sort it?

WD-40 said:
My car has Top Gear cats fitted (by previous owner).

I keep getting an engine check light coming on with the diagnostic code P2098 (post catalyst fuel trim system too lean bank 2).

My local indie thinks the cats have extenders to trick the O2 sensor readings and this is triggering the fault message.

Has anyone else had this problem with these exhausts/cats? Or know how to sort it?

Hi,

The 200 cells should rarely if ever trigger CEL. As we like to say cats are usually the symptoms of a problem elsewhere. First of all are the sensors in good condition?

GROUP BUY

hi im interested in CARRERA SPORTS SOUND SILENCERS, SO COUNT ME IN, AND THANKS FOR YOUR TIME. REGARDS :bye:

If the group buy is open, I'm in too.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back