Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tubi Style Exhaust (Carrera)

Paddy78

I need back boxes and have almost fully committed to a Tubi Style as I like the sound and they seem good quality.

Does anyone have one and if so, how do you find it? My car is a daily drive, although I quite like a loud exhaust. Is it loud enough?

Tubi do an R version which I am tempted to get, but wouldn't want anything that was overbearing on a long journey.

I currently have Dansk back boxed with a 1.5" gundo and both flexi's blowing - which is fairly loud, but I actually quite like it... my previous car had 200 cell cats and a Nismo catback system which was also fairly loud, but sounded amazing.

I've watched every youtube video there is, but nothing like someone's actual experience. Although, I appreciate that tone and noise levels are very subjective. Appreciate any advice as I don't want to end up with something which I find too quiet. :thumbs:

I've got a Tubii exhaust on mine, albeit a 997.2. I love it. On start up it sounds amazing as there is a definite bark to it. Once the cats warm up, you'd be hard up telling it apart from the factory PSE.
It's a Jekyl and Hyde exhaust in that you can drive it quietly, or you can get up it and it releases an amazing sound. From inside the cabin, it has an aircooled race tone to it. I'm not sure what it sounds like on a fly by run.
Highway cruise it fine, again factory levels with no drone.
I would happily buy it again.

FZP said:
I've got a Tubii exhaust on mine, albeit a 997.2. I love it. On start up it sounds amazing as there is a definite bark to it. Once the cats warm up, you'd be hard up telling it apart from the factory PSE.
It's a Jekyl and Hyde exhaust in that you can drive it quietly, or you can get up it and it releases an amazing sound. From inside the cabin, it has an aircooled race tone to it. I'm not sure what it sounds like on a fly by run.
Highway cruise it fine, again factory levels with no drone.
I would happily buy it again.

Echos my experience. I've got one on the turbo, does seem to come alive when you boot it. I had a previous car with a drony exhaust, so bad I wore ear plugs, but this isn't bad at all considering it isn't switchable.

Thanks guys, really useful. I may get the normal version. If it's too quiet I guess I can always add an x-pipe or something. :thumb:

Any update on this - did you get the Tubi exhaust and what are your impressions? I'm getting closer to finishing the first bit of major jobs on my 944 turbo and will be turning my attention to the 911 when it is out of the garage, one of the jobs includes replacing / repairing the back boxes and fixing the leaks...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back