Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT4 Gearbox Recall - new gearbox been fitted next week

kan300

Monza
Just checked on Porsche website and my GT4 will be having it's gearbox replaced due to the issues of 3rd gear failure on some cars. Booked in for next Wednesday to be done.

Worth checking on Porsche website with vin number to see if there are any recalls on your car

Good call. I'll have a look in mine

Result mate :thumbs:

i read that it will be about 300 GT4's that will be getting replacement gearboxes

No open recalls for mine. :thumb:

kan300 said:
i read that it will be about 300 GT4's that will be getting replacement gearboxes

Yep cars registered 30/11/2015 to 27/09/2016 affected. Pre Nov 15 early cars had a splined 3rd gear. Then for some reason Porsche decided to weld it :roll:

There was a suggestion you're getting the same gearbox with the same potential problem. Or have they addressed it?

Does this also apply to the Spyder?

I thought they had the same gearbox - but could be I'm wrong.

:eek:

Recalls and campaigns are pretty common im afraid .. they have found a fault post production which needs to be addressed..

Recall is more urgent than a campaign .

A stop sale .. which is very rare means its a massive problem .

Software updates are the most common though.

Some of these have cost Porsche an awfull lot of money in the past !

Picked up my GT4 from Wilmsliw OPC with shiny new gearbox :)

Even got new nuts and bolts on rear arb!

Great stuff!

Mine wasn't on the recall list.

kan300 said:
Picked up my GT4 from Wilmsliw OPC with shiny new gearbox :)

Even got new nuts and bolts on rear arb!

Was it a Grey one which was dropped last week?

GT Silver one dropped of last week on Wednesday. Originally was told it would be a one day fix. Ended up been 5 days as it was the first gearbox change they had done on a GT4. They had a great looking racing yellow GT4 today.

kan300 said:
GT Silver one drooped of last week on Wednesday. Originally was told it would be a one day fix. Ended up been 5 days as it was the first gearbox change they had done on a GT4. They had a great looking racing yellow GT4 today.
Ah! I think I saw you .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back