Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cheap Gear Short Shift, Bush upgrade - DIY

Great little mod this, goo job :thumb: Love it when there is a cheap, well thought out solution, so satisfying, will give this a go!

Just need a solution to the play between the shifter ball end and the plastic transfer thingy!

Nice one.

Glad you found it was worth doing. Yeah, looking at the "function first shift right" kit, there is something to be had by replacing the plastic yoke with a machined metal steel / anodised aluminium one, or maybe even just a cheap easy mod to the pivot and cable connectors?

If anyone has and old shifter assembly that is surplus maybe have a play with some metal bushes and bolts?

Yeah there's definitely a lot more improvement to be had but the bush will do me for now. I must actually use the the car. :roll:

But if anyone comes up with any more improvements I'm all ears 👂 :thumb:

I've investigated the side movement mechanism and to bbe honest, unless what you have there is seriously mullered with a big groove down it, you're waiting your time. But if it did there's many options to sort it that would cost pennies.

Like I said, on anything I've seen it's not worth doing.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back