Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Two OPC''s - two very different experiences

996Jane

Having collected my 997 turbo from Hatfield yesterday, I have to say what a pleasurable experience it was dealing with them from start to finish. Polite, friendly, no hard sell of extras, a fair deal easily agreed and kept me informed every step of the way, culminating in a brilliant handover where nothing was too much trouble and a few freebies thrown in too - cannot fault them.

Completely different to my - albeit much more limited - experience with Nottingham. I initially enquired about a C4S a few weeks ago by email, nothing for a few days until I chased then very little information given, no enthusiasm, felt they weren't that bothered - interestingly, the car is still for sale too... Then I had the GTS dilemma and after passing up two cars at Indy's with incomplete history, I decided OPC was the way to go and enquired about one at Nottingham, only to have it sold out from underneath me whilst negotiating a deal! I realise they are in the car selling business but it would have been nice to know someone else was interested.

Wouldn't touch Nottingham again but wouldn't hesitate to use Hatfield 👍

Interesting that a member on here recently had similar experiences with both Nottingham & Bolton, stating Bolton didn't provide as a service as Nottingham.

Only a handful (4?) OPC are owned or satellites of Porsche GB. The rest are a collection owned by different groups. Bolton, Wilmsliw for instance are part of Stratstone (Pendragon Hroup) whereas Chrster is part of Rybrook. Solihull is Sytner etc.

So the is variation across OPCs as they are s collective owned by different motor groups. For example I woukdnt touch Wilmslow and only use Chester. I never had a good reception with Wilmslow when I first bought my car. That impression has stayed with me nearly 7 years of ownership.

As an observation it seems like the local OPC treats you worse than one further adrift. Just something I've noticed from people commenting on here in the past. No facts or figures to back it up either. Just finger in the air.
Interestingly, yesterday afternoon after running some errands, I had a need to drop into Wilmslow 're an issue( I must say from a service point of view, I give Wilmslow at 10/10, sales nowhere near that figure). When I was done, I thought I'd wander over to Ferrari/Mclaren/Rolls now that they're effectively side by side. The ethos at Ferrari is completely different. They treat you like you are a customer who buys 2 cars every year. Outstanding. In the past when the pimple paparazzi wander in with their camera, there is a sales person ready to help. Today's fans are tomorrow's customers according to the sales guys.
At McLaren I overheard a guy say to one of the sales guys, I've been emailing "X" for 2 days, nothing. I've got the Bentley outside to chop in, are we doing this or what?
As someone who has made a living from being client facing and managing teams of sales professionals, and if id heard a client utter that sentiment, there would be hell to pay. An insane amount of time, effort and money get utilised long before the client picks up the phone, and to have an inconsiderate salesperson to stuff it all up does my banana.
As the markets for high end cars softens, attitudes like Ferrari will see them push through and succeed.

FZP said:
As an observation it seems like the local OPC treats you worse than one further adrift. Just something I've noticed from people commenting on here in the past. No facts or figures to back it up either. Just finger in the air.
Interestingly, yesterday afternoon after running some errands, I had a need to drop into Wilmslow 're an issue( I must say from a service point of view, I give Wilmslow at 10/10, sales nowhere near that figure). When I was done, I thought I'd wander over to Ferrari/Mclaren/Rolls now that they're effectively side by side. The ethos at Ferrari is completely different. They treat you like you are a customer who buys 2 cars every year. Outstanding. In the past when the pimple paparazzi wander in with their camera, there is a sales person ready to help. Today's fans are tomorrow's customers according to the sales guys.
At McLaren I overheard a guy say to one of the sales guys, I've been emailing "X" for 2 days, nothing. I've got the Bentley outside to chop in, are we doing this or what?
As someone who has made a living from being client facing and managing teams of sales professionals, and if id heard a client utter that sentiment, there would be hell to pay. An insane amount of time, effort and money get utilised long before the client picks up the phone, and to have an inconsiderate salesperson to stuff it all up does my banana.
As the markets for high end cars softens, attitudes like Ferrari will see them push through and succeed.

Could not agree more :thumb: having worked in sales and marketing and managed sales teams in the past, I do not understand the attitude of some of these outfits. It's not confined to OPC's either, I had a surprising good experience at Porsche Silverstone recently, where in the past I have had terrible experiences with my two local indies, for me this makes a difference, I won't step foot in the two indies again, but will seriously consider Silverstone again in the future, whether that's for servicing, parts or my next car!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back