Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche warranty claims

fastlowe said:
Always interesting what's covered, I was told the front coolant pipes on my 997.2 are showing a few tell tale marks on my last service but they're only covered if they are dripping. They want a grand to sort them !

If not leaking then bury them in waxoil or acf 50 .. these are common im afraid and its due to water ingress that causes corrosion to the metal part of the rubber pipe .

@ PanozGTR

Slight misting of shocks wont be covered by a warrenty but its an advise that they have a small fault.. obviously it wont get better so the garage is warning you you have a possible future problem .. we report what we see :)

Last point .. if useing Mid-Sussex .. ask for Matt or Jason to work on your car .. both good guys .

Thanks for the Advice deMort. I shall be getting any work done at Precision Porsche in Sussex in future. Luckily they are only a couple of miles from where I live. As I mentioned earlier they are a very professional outfit and I get the feeling that they will look after my car better than the main dealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back