Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tote bin to fit the 997 frunk

you could always buy a larger and smaller one put one inside the other and then fill the gap with a can of expanding foam when you get there to save the space of the polystyrene, just don't get it on your hands or they will be black all weekend!

Alternatively just buy a polystyrene food box like this

https://www.jbpackaging.co.uk/polystyrene-boxes.html

The other option is just buy a cool box when you do the beer run in France and dump it when you leave

Be careful with the whole storing of food that should be chilled. You dont want to come back having earned the new nickname of Squirtle. :hand:

Thefinn said:
you could always buy a larger and smaller one put one inside the other and then fill the gap with a can of expanding foam when you get there to save the space of the polystyrene, just don't get it on your hands or they will be black all weekend!

Alternatively just buy a polystyrene food box like this

https://www.jbpackaging.co.uk/polystyrene-boxes.html

The other option is just buy a cool box when you do the beer run in France and dump it when you leave

We used all sorts of polystyrene and plastic coolers with ice packs from the freezer for desert BBQs when we still lived in Dubai, but if the OP wants to carry food, maybe a small supplementary chiller, powered by a cable from the cigar lighter would be safer for his uncooked burgers, tomatoes and mayo. And then just keep all the beer up front on ice.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I intend to assemble the coolbox on arrival and purchase any food and alcohol when we are there. I already have a 3 way camping fridge but it is to big for the 997. I like the idea of a box inside a box, but by taping polystyrene on the outside will maximise the volume enabling more beer to be stored. :thumb: I have been known to drink a little while at LM24hrs it's very thirsty work you know.

Sounds like you need small electric scooter and a handy missus to go and buy beers on demand instead.... :eh!: :grin:

The scooter sounds good but the missus buying the beer :nooo: that ain't happening. She moans that I drink to much as it is. That's the whole point of going to Le Mans. I can drink for England and scratch my ass if I want to with out any moaning from Err in doors. :thumb:

Maybe I am missing something but surely taking a plastic box and polystyrene is going to take up more space than just a polystyrene box or cool box which will be simular size as the plastic box without the aditional polystyrene. If you leave any gaps in the polystyrene it will just let the heat get in as insulation has to be continuous to work. You could always try something like a fold up cool box.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/waterpr...F8iFz5EGxavJaSV-Gi924IcK1QtUOKyhoClZAQAvD_BwE

But it sounds like you are set on this building a box idea so why not use a strong cardboard box which can be folded for travel then plastic bin bag on the inside, your polystyrene on the outside and gaffer tape for strength / building. Cardboard is a good insulator anyway due to the air voids as recomended by tramps globally.

Thanks Finn. That cooler bag looks just the job. I will take a look at it as we have a Decathlon near to where I live. I also like the cardboard box idea as well. I understand what you are saying about the space required for the polystyrene. My thinking is, it could be stored higher up on top of heavier stuff on the rear seats. But I am open to all ideas.

Yes that's a good idea. I have never heard of a folding cool box before.
Cheers

Thanks Mike, another good suggestion. :thumb:

PanozGTR said:
She moans that I drink to much as it is. That's the whole point of going to Le Mans. I can drink for England and scratch my ass if I want to with out any moaning from Err in doors. :thumb:

Sounds like I need to ride Shotgun :shooter:

:grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back