Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche warranty claims

PanozGTR

Has anybody had their shock absorbers replace on the Porsche extended warranty. I notice that they are on the exclusion list. Is it worth trying my luck with a claim as my dampers are showing some signs of leaking.

On a 10 year old car ........ :dont know: .......... but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Good luck, please let us know what they say.

What mileage has the car done. :?:

My GT3 had new struts while under warranty and the warranty did not cover them.

That's my problem l think l'll pass out first as it has covered 80k miles. Just checking to see if it's worth trying to claim. :eek:

PanozGTR said:
That's my problem l think l'll pass out first as it has covered 80k miles. Just checking to see if it's worth trying to claim. :eek:

I would say almost certainly not.

I would assume most 'wear' items are excluded. Brakes, shocks,clutch etc . Never seen them included in any warranty I've had

I guess a quick phone call should let me know. I'll let you know the outcome.

The warranty did cough up for front shocks on my C2S but the issue was traced to the PSAM function and deemed to be a failure rather than wear and tear. Good luck but I suspect it won't be covered.

PanozGTR said:
I guess a quick phone call should let me know. I'll let you know the outcome.

:popcorn:

Its always worth claiming .. its worth argueing .. its worth talking to customer services At Porsche ..

Do i think you will get anywere .. nope .. but if you dont try then you have no chance .

At best you might get 10% customer good will .. but again i doubt it .. if no joy .. use an indy .. cheaper labour rates .

I have booked the car into OPC Mid Sussex on Wednesday. I am expecting a big fat nothing from them, but l am just interested in what they have to say. I have just recently had my C2s serviced at PRECISION PORSCHE in Sussex and will be letting them look after my pride and joy in the future. I found them to be absolutely spot on. They were very meticulous and obviously know their stuff. I was treated like a person rather than a wallet coming through the main dealer door.
I'll keep you posted on the outcome at OPC Mid Sussex

So I visited OPC Mid Sussex today to check out my car. The result was better than I had expected. The Dampers are not covered but on closer inspection they don't look bad at all , just a slight misting around the upper part. They couldn't find the leaky hose hmmm! so I'll have to keep an eye on that. But they did fix the headlight adjusters under warranty so that was a result at least.
Just for info the headlights were not self aligning up and down. They found nothing wrong physically so they unplugged and reconnected the connectors and they started to work again. (the old engineer's reset)
Happy days :thumb:
So there is a small pat on the back for the OPC

Always interesting what's covered, I was told the front coolant pipes on my 997.2 are showing a few tell tale marks on my last service but they're only covered if they are dripping. They want a grand to sort them !

PanozGTR said:
So I visited OPC Mid Sussex today to check out my car. The result was better than I had expected. The Dampers are not covered but on closer inspection they don't look bad at all , just a slight misting around the upper part. They couldn't find the leaky hose hmmm! so I'll have to keep an eye on that. But they did fix the headlight adjusters under warranty so that was a result at least.
Just for info the headlights were not self aligning up and down. They found nothing wrong physically so they unplugged and reconnected the connectors and they started to work again. (the old engineer's reset)
Happy days :thumb:
So there is a small pat on the back for the OPC

Just to be the usual cynical person that i am .. .. one of those plugs had corrosion on a terminal , unplugging it has in effect cleaned the terminal to make a better connection.

There is no software involved in that operation .

On the plus side .. it works :thumb:

Demort. That was my thinking as well :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back