Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fuel - does anyone use normal unleaded out of choice?

Hans Gruber said:
alex yates said:
HSC911 said:
Being Southern, I put my pants on backwards and then inside out for the 4 day effect :grin:

You spelt Month wrong. :hand:

Being from t'wrong side o t'penines im surprised you wear pants!

Commando myself. I was referring to these southern pansies.

Always V Max or Tesco Momentum for me. However, who knows what petrol the previous owner(s) used?

ragpicker said:
If you can't tell the difference in performance between SUL and UL then you don't drive hard enough.

:judge:

Mines a rocket ship on any fuel :grin: It would be interesting for a scientific comparison, im not convinced on either performance or economy: dont know:

pzero said:
T8 said:
pzero said:
Another fuel thread.
Free gift for anyone who can give the number of fuel threads on here.

One more than the number of 'which oil?' threads but two less than the number of 'which tyres?' threads. :wink:

About as frequent as the "tip or manual?" threads then.

You forgot the "I'm thinking of buying a 997" thread, closely followed by "I'm thinking of buying a 997" threads in which someone amusing says save up another £10k and buy a gen 2.....

Oh and on a serious note, Tesco Momentum or Shell Vmax. Occasionally someone else's SUL, but the occasional use of UL is ok, but you should feel the difference. Personally, I can tell the different between Esso or BP SUL and Tesco Momentum and Shell Vmax. That's what I use, there was a detailed thread on how good Shell and Tesco are over the others, so that's why a lot of us use them as a first choice.....

ragpicker said:
If you can't tell the difference in performance between SUL and UL then you don't drive hard enough.

:judge:

I have a ride I run on methanol, does that count? :cop:

Is PDK better than manual? :grin:

pzero said:
Phil 997 said:
OK then to answer them all I only use Shell V max and will go out of my way to find it , only use millers nano 10w50 as thats what Hartech advise and only use Michelin as they are the best. :grin: :grin: :grin:

You forgot "tip or manual?"

I liked my gen1 Tip, but reluctantly accept my manual is a more drivers option and the overrun pops and crackles are so much better with a manual car than an auto. :grin: the pull away assistant that holds it for a second on a hill start is a nice feature on the gen2 manual , I assume it was also on the gen1 manual. :grin:

pzero said:
Another fuel thread.
Free gift for anyone who can give the number of fuel threads on here.

if you don't like it them don't read it.

that is why we have headers and topic threads and the ability to scan as human cognitive function ;-)

so SUL it is and thought so . UL is an option as last resort but car won't run as well as ignition gets retarded and less performance.

maybe harmful to engine if used all the time? no evidence to suggest and the whole boring scoring thing is down to poor engineering at the end of the day

that is all.

.......... in which someone amusing says save up another £10k and buy a gen 2.....

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

NLW73 isn't it poor engineering to use a coating that comes off! I have only ever used UL in all my cars for over 30 years, no related issues.

alex yates said:
.......... in which someone amusing says save up another £10k and buy a gen 2.....

Gen2s are going bang as well so nothing is safe.

off to Mongolia to live as a goat herder :D

NLW73 said:
alex yates said:

Gen2s are going bang as well so nothing is safe.

off to Mongolia to live as a goat herder :D

.......and then another £10k to fix it :grin:

that would by half the country i think 10k!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back