Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 buying questions

wadsy

Silverstone
I'd like to buy a 991 to replace our 640d - I'm hoping the 991 will be a cross between the 640 and my old 996!...so a sporty GT.

Ideally I'd be looking to buy when my wife retires in about 4 years time; when we'd no longer want the diesel for her commute.

But, I may need to be flexible on timing as I'm thinking of...

a) How long would OPCs stock 991's for?

b) When will 991's be at the bottom of their depreciation curve?

Or, are my questions a bit "how long is a piece of string"? :lol:

Any thoughts/advice greatly received :thumb:

Cheers

My guesstimates would be based on what has happened previously with 997s.

ie.

(a) OPCs tend to stock cars that have been kept in the OPC network or can still get a 2 year warranty put on them fairly easily up to about 10 years old so only the very first 991s would fall outside that parameter in 4 years time. There'll be loads of 2013-2018 cars in the network.

(b) I'd expect early 991s to have stopped depreciating at around 9 years old so in 4 years time the early cars (MY2012-MY2014) will have bottomed out.

Based on that I reckon you'll be looking for a MY2013 991.1 :thumb:

There is some similarity between the length of a piece of string and your questions :wink:

I'd say a 991 would fill the gap created by a 640d and 996 brilliantly, sporty GT is a nice positioning of a 991. I'd say it's a sports car, albeit a modern one.

OPCs are still stocking the odd 996 and plenty of 997s, given the last 997 were new in 2012 (7 years ago), there won't be any shortage of 991 on their books in 4 years time, quite the contrary.

I had my eye on the 991 market for some time before getting one last year. it was quite depreciation resistant holding on to a premium over equivalent 997, although as with all generations, prices have weakened over the past 6 months and the gap to the 997 has closed.

Earlier 991.1 (2012-2015) seem to be on quite a flat curve now, even flatter in 4 years time. As always mileage, spec and condition is key, whereas the 991.2 from 2015-2018 will have more to scrub off before flattening out.

All in my non-expert opinion :thumb:

Thanks very much for the replies chaps; much appreciated :thumb:

Looks like 4 years time could be a good time to go for one too, which is nice :D

Cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back