Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 996 C2 ownership

I wouldn't worry about the colour mismatch as long as they're all mismatched the same.
I would align the centre cap so it's pointing directly at the valve though. At the moment it's a minute or two off ;)

Lovely looking car and garage 8)

Regarding the centre caps it's each to their own really but the fact you've asked suggests your not sure about them, I'd have to colour match them myself, when I refurbished my wheels I decided against using the Techart centre caps and bought some eBay cheapies, took me three or four attempts painting the plastic caps before l was happy enough with the colour match :roll: :frustrated: :thumb:

Attachments

• 20190127_084237_292x292_135.jpg
    20190127_084237_292x292_135.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,416
I bought a set of the fake centre caps, Chris from Exel turned down the outer diameter as apparently they are slightly too large out of the box and colour matched them to the wheels/painted them at the same time.

Griffter said:
I wouldn't worry about the colour mismatch as long as they're all mismatched the same.
I would align the centre cap so it's pointing directly at the valve though. At the moment it's a minute or two off ;)

Thrust me, they will point directly at the valve. 😉

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back