Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ollys 997.2 C2S

OllyW said:
GT3 bumper and Cup Lip test fitted.

Now for paint and to take the wrap off.

Needs skirts to balance it out a little now though, I'm tempted to modify some 991 widebody skirts, but can't seem to find any. Not a fan of the 997 widebody skirts.

Olly, I fitted the 997.2 GT3RS/GT2 side skirts as they are a straight fit due to the wide body cars having separate lower sill sections whereas the narrow body cars the lower sill is moulded to the car.

Exclusive customs do a NB version but it does leave a small lip where it joins ,I managed to loose it a bit with a black mastic bead.on my gen1 , Moshammer do a nice skirt that I saw when in Germany. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
OllyW said:

Needs skirts to balance it out a little now though, I'm tempted to modify some 991 widebody skirts, but can't seem to find any. Not a fan of the 997 widebody skirts.

Olly, I fitted the 997.2 GT3RS/GT2 side skirts as they are a straight fit due to the wide body cars having separate lower sill sections whereas the narrow body cars the lower sill is moulded to the car.

Exclusive customs do a NB version but it does leave a small lip where it joins ,I managed to loose it a bit with a black mastic bead.on my gen1 , Moshammer do a nice skirt that I saw when in Germany. :thumb:

The 991 skirts don't look too much of a pain to modify and fit on a NB 997. This is my preferred route so will try it if I can find some!

Car is looking mint Olly, and looks like it'll keep getting better!

Where abouts are you? I noticed the Leeds wrap and I'm not far from Leeds myself..

PGD said:
Car is looking mint Olly, and looks like it'll keep getting better!

Where abouts are you? I noticed the Leeds wrap and I'm not far from Leeds myself..

Thanks a lot! I live in Teesside mate.

Starting to properly think about the setup of the car now.

Better coilovers will come in due course, but with regards to adjustable camber, what are the best options, with value for money in mind?

OllyW said:
Phil 997 said:
OllyW said:

The 991 skirts don't look too much of a pain to modify and fit on a NB 997. This is my preferred route so will try it if I can find some!

Look forward to seeing pics when you have modified and fitted them mate , theres lots of guys now fitting the 991 lip on the 997.1 and 2 but it will be interesting to see side 991 GT skirts fitted :thumb:

looking bonkers.

I still love it though with just the C2S shape, dropped and on those bbs multi spoke split rim wheels. just looks so right on page 3

NLW73 said:
looking bonkers.

I still love it though with just the C2S shape, dropped and on those bbs multi spoke split rim wheels. just looks so right on page 3

If you mean the E88s then yeah, I'm gutted they had to go but needs must sometimes!

I removed the wrap over the last few days, which actually wasn't a difficult job as the paint underneath was all original and perfect.

In for the front end to be painted today, really looking forward to seeing the difference with the GT3 bumper.

Making progress.

Modified the centre air duct from the stock bumper to fit this as obviously I don't have a third radiator.

I'm going to get some mesh in the middle to match the other intakes though.

Attachments

• 09dac2ce_4b00_4269_86b2_e1a62ae70b4c_137.jpg
    09dac2ce_4b00_4269_86b2_e1a62ae70b4c_137.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 3,804
Also had these retrimmed in houndstooth, liking it a lot.

Attachments

• img_8914_543.jpg
    img_8914_543.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 3,796
OllyW said:
Making progress.

Modified the centre air duct from the stock bumper to fit this as obviously I don't have a third radiator.

I'm going to get some mesh in the middle to match the other intakes though.
Oily
I saw somewhere where instead of putting the mesh in the 3rr rad position, they made the left and right mesh bend behind the uprights so u effect were l shaped. Leaving the centre open whilst still stopping the debris from going anywhere once it entered the centre rad location. Just a mention in case it was of interest to you

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back