Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone selling a 987Spyder....968CS...993C2 or 964C2?

m33ufo

Browsing the classifieds looking for a little inspiration.

I love the 987Spyder having having owned a couple in the past so that's currently top of my shortlist. It would need to be a manual car with Spyder wheels and bucket seats as a start point with sub 20k miles.

The other option is something air-cooled - I've never owned one so an itch I'll have to scratch eventually. 964, 993 and ideally a manual coupe. These cars are totally outside of my comfort zone so if anyone has a solid car I'd love to hear about it? Much prefer solid colours - red, yellow, white.

Budget possibly marginal for an air-cooled car - I'm looking at a max of £45K for the purchase.

Edit....also considering a 968CS.

£45k gets you into this 993 at Charles Ivy, albeit not in your preferred colour: http://www.charlesivey.com/stocklist/993-carrera-4-coupe-2/

Assuming it's been looked after and the owner has kept up with maintenance, then it looks a good deal for a car with only 72k miles. independent PPI essential.

Is it to be run as a second car?

Spyder is a great, modern, fun and quick car, whereas a 964 or 993 is very different. Much more character in an air cooled car but maintenance costs would be a tad higher than the modern Spyder.

I'd suggest driving as many as you can before you take the step as everyone's view will be different.

I've owned water and air cooled Pork and the beauty of the earlier cars is that you can use a lot more of the performance, a lot more of the time which = FUN. :thumb:

C.

Yes, it'll mostly be a weekend car.

I need to update my current car line-up....I no longer have a Porsche so I'm keen to get into another to use alongside my Aston GT8.

Had a look at a 964 cab in Cameron Cars this morning. Looked a very nice example. In all honesty though I'm still edging towards the 987Spyder.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back