Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is now the best time to sell my 996 4S

yogiz

Hi

I was just thinking is Jan a good time of the year to sell a car?

Generally I'd say that January is better than November/December but there will be even more people will be looking to buy in the spring.

The only caveat to this is 'price'. If it's an apparent bargain buyers will be interested at any time of the year.

Hi Yogiz,

You must be a stranger to the UK market I think. Now is probably the worst time within the last 5 years or more to sell a car. We have the usual seasonal depression and we are right in the eye of the storm with you know what.

Cars and houses are stagnant unless like T8 says, it's a bargain.
If you need rid then by all means put it up for sale but don't expect to get strong money for it.

Even my serial car buying mates that are way wealthier than me are holding off buying. Their view is "If Brexit gets sorted cars won't instantly rocket, so I'll buy one then. If things get worse cars will drop even further."
So basically cars aren't going up anytime soon but they could very well go down.

If you do get yours sold then at least the car you buy next will be cheaper though.
Good luck either way. :thumb:

Not a good time to sell. At least wait till May...........2021

...I want to help you out in these difficult times, I really do...so have found £6.23 behind the sofa and will round up to 10 English pounds and take it off your hands...cutting my own throat I really am :floor:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back