Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 981 Boxster mod thread

Re the second incident. It looks like paint transfer to me.
In the New Year, nip over to my unit and I'll buff it out with some 3M green top if you like.
Let's know. :thumb:

michelin said:
A superb mod that diffuser is! Well done!
Quick question. Mine is an 'S' with PSE so will i need to but the plastic that surrounds the exhaust too?
Cheers
:thumb:

The rear defuser basically comes in three parts, the centre semi circular piece around the exhaust tips and the two 'defused' bits that stick out from there. The defuser from the S also comes in three parts but they are not interchangeable. So if you want the GTS one for your car you have to buy all three parts. Comes to around £300. I don't have access to my receipts so I can't tell you the exact price.

As for the front damage, it's not paint transfer although I can see why it looks like it. The fact that the part of the trailer that hit me was the handle that attaches to the tow bar on the car, and it has no paint. When I took it to Porsche in Monaco the guy there also thought the same and started trying to buff it out but then realised it was scratched off.

I love the way your customisations or 'adjustments / reconfigurations' are authentic for a given type if not the specific model.

The diffuser looks great. really good. big difference.

Look forward to watching this evolve.

Sorry to hear about scratch although I'm sore R&R will sort it out given the job they've done to the rear.
Diffuser: I've seen a few links online whereby people have used the existing 'S' exhaust surround attached to the left and right GTS surrounds :dont know:
👍🏼

michelin said:
Sorry to hear about scratch although I'm sore R&R will sort it out given the job they've done to the rear.
Diffuser: I've seen a few links online whereby people have used the existing 'S' exhaust surround attached to the left and right GTS surrounds :dont know:
👍🏼

It might be possible. I just went by Road & Race telling me it didn't fit If it needs modification I doubt they will do that. LIke when I had the GT2RS intercoolers fitted to the existing ducting. I was told they wouldn't fit but DMS modified the ducting and got it to fit. (it was later replaced by OEM ducting when the rear bumper was changed).

So it maybe possible, you'd have to buy the parts and try it yourself. I never even saw the parts out of the box.

Jcx said:
I love the way your customisations or 'adjustments / reconfigurations' are authentic for a given type if not the specific model.

The diffuser looks great. really good. big difference.

Look forward to watching this evolve.

Yeah I like the car to look OEM wherever possible. Glad you like it. I have a few ideas to spruce it up!

I'm exactly the same.
The diffuser mod is a nice little add on so that is first on my list.
I have seen somewhere that a company manufacturers side air intake ducts which protrude a little. Jury is out on this for me presently. I'll try and find a link.
Other mods I'll be doing in the New Year:

LED indicators.
Interior LED conversion.
BMC Air filters.

michelin said:
I'm exactly the same.
The diffuser mod is a nice little add on so that is first on my list.
I have seen somewhere that a company manufacturers side air intake ducts which protrude a little. Jury is out on this for me presently. I'll try and find a link.
Other mods I'll be doing in the New Year:

LED indicators.
Interior LED conversion.
BMC Air filters.

Interior LEDs a must in my opinion, gives even older cars a much cleaner modern look.

Great looking car Isysman with a standout interior :thumb:

I thought I'd update my thread with the addition of a video I made last week in the South of France. I took my car with me for 2 months and I'm so glad I did it. It gave me great freedom to just get away from the boat in my down time.

The first road I drove was the Col De Turini but unfortunately I didn't film it. I decided I would drive it and go back the following week to drive it again and film it. However the week later it was snowing so I couldn't do it (it was December!). I will go back in the spring hopefully and film it.

Anyway we headed down to La Ciotat near Toulon and I just plucked this road off a map and drove to it. What an amazing road.

The exhaust sounds epic! So glad I did that upgrade, worth every penny.

Let me know what you think.

I REALLY enjoyed that! Thanks :worship:

Loving your car too... :thumbs:

Superb video Isy.
We went to The Ring last year and the PSE got a hammering through the German roads :grin:
I'll always have PSE on my Porsches now.

isysman said:
I thought I'd update my thread with the addition of a video I made last week in the South of France. I took my car with me for 2 months and I'm so glad I did it. It gave me great freedom to just get away from the boat in my down time.

The first road I drove was the Col De Turini but unfortunately I didn't film it. I decided I would drive it and go back the following week to drive it again and film it. However the week later it was snowing so I couldn't do it (it was December!). I will go back in the spring hopefully and film it.

Anyway we headed down to La Ciotat near Toulon and I just plucked this road off a map and drove to it. What an amazing road.

The exhaust sounds epic! So glad I did that upgrade, worth every penny.

Let me know what you think.

Great video, looks a great road too, exhaust sounds great,
My wife's S has the same PSE and when ever I drive it I just have to have it in manual!!!!!!
Apart from the PPF treatment we not done anything to her car, but I am liking the GTS diffuser so may give that a look, one thing she wanted when she moved from her 987 S of ten years was to have connectivity and music from her phone etc which she obviously has but the thought of being able to take that one step further with appleplay etc is very appealing, is it a big job to add this?

Attachments

• 1f0e973f_a960_435e_84ce_c3fcca8a897b_758.jpeg
    1f0e973f_a960_435e_84ce_c3fcca8a897b_758.jpeg
    570.6 KB · Views: 3,925
Just got back from a week in Nice. It was superb and I'd like to take my 981 in the summer. We are thinking of the car ferry from Plymouth to somewhere near Bordeaux. Views and thoughts appreciated on the best routes etc 👍🏼
We sat on the front in Nice at a bar called 'Movida' and thought the 981 has to come here especially as Monaco is just up the road!
P.S. I'd love an Apple CarPlay retrofit too!!!!

Stop it!

Making me jealous and Mrs L is nagging at me to arrange a similar trip....

:floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back