Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is the 991 gt3 bubble about to burst?

MisterCorn said:
Pip1968 said:
Well rather oddly the Porsche AG site shows the 991 GT3 RS as having a narrower wheelbase than the GT3:-

991 GT3 RS wheelbase 2453mm
991 GT3 ................. 2457mm

Pip :?:

Shorter wheelbase, or narrower track?

MC

RS has wider track, done by the wheel widths and offsets

991 has a longer wheelbase than a 997 by about 100mm. This was one of the main factors with the 991 Carrera being able to offer greater leg room in the rear for the demographic. Also the main driver for the decision to add RWS steer to the GT3 variants to return the agility lost to the 997 which RWS achieves in spades!

Cunno said:
Magic919 said:
991 GT3RS is the even wider WB though isn't it? GT3 is not.

997 GT3 is narrow bodied so the GTS version is wider. They use the same shell but GT3 has narrow body rear panels attached

:?: there is another difference to the shell as you can see by the sills.

January 2018

Pistonheads:

991 GT3 - 110 for sale cheapest just under £100k, 5+ owners, 19k miles, HPI clear in white.

I'll be keeping my eye on this market. Would love to get into one, but can't stomach what Porsche have done to the market with the overs pricing and selling one customer 50 cars a year to flip.

Tobyone said:
Have been looking and wondering about getting one the last few months over another 911 :dont know:

What 911 are you considering if you don't mind me asking?

G2 said:
Tobyone said:
Have been looking and wondering about getting one the last few months over another 911 :dont know:

Around spring time.
A toss up between a 997 Turbo, GTS or GT3 any of these low milage in a nice colour and spec.

Tobyone said:
G2 said:
Tobyone said:

Around spring time.
A toss up between a 997 Turbo, GTS or GT3 any of these low milage in a nice colour and spec.

:thumb: all great options.

G2 said:
Tobyone said:
G2 said:
Tobyone said:

Around spring time.

To be honest I don't blast around anymore, to many wallys around and these blooming average speed camera things.
More like 'driving miss daisy' these days.
Nice colour, something to polish and float about in.
Ooooh a sedan chair would be nice

G2 said:
Tobyone said:
G2 said:
Tobyone said:

Around spring time.

Agreed you won't go far wrong with either of those and unlike most McLaren's you'll be able to upgrade or sell without losing to much :thumbs:

This thread has had a proper off piste page or two! Looking at the classifieds looks like quite a lot of 991.2 GT cars of all flavours have found homes over the last month or so....unusual time of year for GT cars to be selling that well.

Be interesting to see how the market is in the spring. I think a lot depends on whether there is a second bath of GT3 RS's....if there is we'll see a lot of GT3's traded in. If not...who knows !

There is far too much debt and we are due a recession and prices will fall. However, if you think the new base Carrera will be around £100k plus options so £110k there is a floor. Why would you have a base 992 when you can have a 991.1 GT3? Many people will go for the new improved model, but there will be some who see the advantage of a drivers car.

I bought the car in the expectation prices will fall, as to me it for enjoyment. The other point is how much faster can we go? A GT3 is as fast as I would ever need.

Soory all I when I stated the mclaren thing I did nit realise it would go quite so mad.

Anyway back to the GT#$ thing.
My local OPC in Solihull has loads of GT3s and a few RS cars for ages now and have not moved at all.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back