Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DINSLAKEN 2019. Pics start on p27

Will definitely be leaving on 28th, or maybe even on the 27th! Not sure which route yet or where to stay! May go via Bruges, then Spa if that is on the itinerary!

Hi guys

Thanks for the replies.

Apologies for the radio silence from me. We were away for a few days at the end of last week and since getting home I've been wiped out with a heavy cold/man flu.

I'm waiting for Spa to answer a question I asked them and then I'll share full details about the behind the scenes tour at Spa, the hotel close by, the Factory tour, dinner at the Porsche museum, the show tickets/display area, etc etc...

Cheers,
L'rs

Thanks for the update.

Really looking forward to this trip.

Really warming to the idea of the Spa visit.

The factory visit should also be awesome,

Now considering whether to stay for another day of so to do the Mercedes visit as well.

So its starting to look like two itineraries beginning to develop.
The slightly longer

Spa VIP tour , Stuttgart V8 hotel, factory and/or museum visit, Dinslaken show.

and the slightly shorter

Stuttgart V8 hotel, factory and/or museum visit, Oberhousen and Dinslaken show.

either way its looking like a nice run of cars from Stuttgart to Oberhousen after the Stuttgart visit.

Shame but the Belgium Porsche Club, Francorchamps Days 2019 are earlier in April again , weekend of the 13th April. so we cant tie that in.

FOR ME (did Spa last year) - Stuttgart V8 hotel, factory and/or museum visit, Oberhousen and Dinslaken show. And Food anfd Beer!!!

FRP said:
FOR ME (did Spa last year) - Stuttgart V8 hotel, factory and/or museum visit, Oberhousen and Dinslaken show. And Food anfd Beer!!!

Thats two of us on that option then Faried mate. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
FRP said:

Thats two of us on that option then Faried mate. :thumb:

:thumb: staying in Frankfurt sat/sun for beers with mates, then we have booked the factory tour for Monday at 1:45pm, but will repeat it if there is a group booking. Want to do dinner in the restaurant again so staying Tuesday night as well. Restaurant and museum are confirmed closed Sunday/Monday.

I did spot that the restaurant now has kitchen opening hours 12-2pm tues-sat on the website so a group lunch would work ?

I know I'm a bit late to the party and I've not read the options in the thread thus far, but it would be sad to not stretch the legs of the old girl ;)
Let me know if anyone is interested in a guided tour around the Moselle/Eifel/Huensruck to Oberhausen.

is thsi scare mongering ?

Green card may be needed ?

Attachments

• img_8351_413.jpg
    img_8351_413.jpg
    606.3 KB · Views: 1,023
Re: is thsi scare mongering ?

FRP said:
Green card may be needed ?

Been using these for years. Most insurers also send out an accident form in English when you ask for a greencard. If there is an accident, you and the other driver can both understand what you are saying on the claim forms :thumb: it's also a good time to add a driver just for the trip if you have a copilot not usually on the Insurance 👍

Hi everyone

After delays caused by the complexity of the number of options available, Christmas holidays, man flu and waiting for the Porsche factory to get back to me I am pleased (and relieved!) to be able to finally let you know where I'm up to with plans for your visit to Dinslaken...

From the posts in this topic and experience from previous years the following has become obvious to me:

• - Most of you have made your own arrangements for hotels in Oberhausen (Dinslaken) and Stuttgart.
    - I have always sold the entrance tickets at cost price. Collecting money for the tickets, administering the payments in my accounts, chasing slow payers, having to deal with refunds, etc. has taken me a lot of time for no reward.
    - Including the chance to visit to Spa and Stuttgart has been popular.

So this is what I've come up with (there is a lot to read because there are a lot of options!)...

Overview
It's pretty likely that anyone reading this topic will already know what this event is all about but for other people who may not be a 911uk member I have set up this page on my website.

Options
As I've said above, lots of people want different things so rather than try to do the impossible and satisfy everyone with one itinerary I have a created a list of things you can choose from. A proposed itinerary which includes all of the 'standard' options is here and here.

If you want to do something else on your way to or from Dinslaken please let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Behind the scenes at Spa Francorchamps
This has to be on Monday 29th because the rest of the week the circuit is closed while they get ready for the WEC weekend.

The costs of the tour are fixed regardless of the number of cars taking part so based on 2018 I have assumed there will be 12 cars. If there are less the price will need to be adjusted.

- 1 night bed and breakfast
- Private guided tour of Spa Francorchamps including 2 laps of the circuit
- Twin or double room per person £96
- Single room per person £129

The circuit want me to confirm the booking by 31 January. It will be possible to add people after that date but to guarantee the tour can go ahead please register your interest with me BEFORE 30 January.

Stuttgart
Some of you have indicated you want to do the Porsche factory tour on Tuesday morning and others on Thursday afternoon so I have booked provisionally reserved both.

The costs of the tour will not be known until we have final numbers. A private tour with an English speaking guide cost €60 + €8 for each person (so if 10 of you it will be €14 per person). The tours are to be paid for at the museum when you arrive so we will need 1 volunteer ON EACH DAY to collect everyone's €s and pay for the tickets.

The tour lasts 2 hours. The start times are TBC at the moment but, depending on availability when our numbers are known it will be:

- Tuesday 10.30 or 11.30. Hopefully we can have 10.30 to allow time for lunch in Restaurant Christophorus afterwards.
- Thursday 13.30 or 14.30.

Each group is limited to a maximum of 25 people.

Unfortunately Restaurant Christophorus is not open Mondays so if you are doing the factory tour on the Tuesday tour you will not be able to eat there, unless you go for lunch on Tuesday. Another option would be to eat there Tuesday evening then drive to Dinslaken Wednesday morning which will still give you plenty of time to see everything at the show (Stuttgart to Dinslaken is approx 4hrs driving time).

I have provisionally reserved a table at Restaurant Christophorus for 8pm Thursday for those of you visiting Stuttgart after Dinslaken.

If you want to take part in a factory tour please let me know by MONDAY 21 JANUARY so I can confirm the slot(s) with Porsche. I am sorry for the short notice! It should be possible to add people after Monday but it's important we secure the slot(s) before they go.

Dinslaken
In previous years the organisers have insisted payment is made up front to guarantee a parking/display area in the centre of the arena. However because they now trust me and know that if I say there will be 20 cars then 20 cars will turn up they have agreed you can pay in cash on the gate this year (€30 for 1 car with a maximum of 2 people).

Your parking/display area is in usual place - see bottom left of the arena in the following image.

FTT-at-Dinslaken-2019.jpg

What next?
Please let me know what you would like to do as soon as possible, especially if that includes the visit to Spa or a factory tour.

I know a list in this topic will be useful so you can all see who is doing what but you must also COMPLETE THIS SIMPLE BOOKING FORM so I have all of the information I need.

If you're still reading this then thank you for persevering! I hope it all makes sense... :wink:

If you have any questions, want me to help with your hotel arrangements for the above or any routes to/from Dinslaken you have in mind please feel free to ask here, complete the booking form or send me an email.

Cheers,
L'rs

This is going to end up being a long list but hopefully between us we can keep it in order!

Calais hotel
Please specify date
etc

Behind the scenes at Spa Francorchamps Monday 29 April
Please specify the number of cars & people.
etc

Stuttgart Tuesday 30 April
Factory Tour
Please specify the number of people.
etc

Restaurant Christophorus - lunch
etc

Restaurant Christophorus - dinner
etc

ELA's tour around the Moselle/Eifel/Huensruck to Oberhausen Tuesday 30 April
Please specify the number of cars.
etc

Dinslaken entrance
Please specify the number of cars & people.
etc

Stuttgart Thursday 2 May
Factory Tour
etc

Restaurant Christophorus - dinner
etc

well. its all quite around here at the moment :?
what is everyone planning ?? :dont know: :?

diverzeusy said:
well. its all quite around here at the moment :?
what is everyone planning ?? :dont know: :?

I've already changed the thread title to bring it to people's attention and pm'd Phil 997 accordingly.

It's time for those that have been thinking about doing it to commit.

At the moment the only plan I have personally is to attend the Dinslaken show itself. I've also booked The Tryp for the night of May 1st.

Paul, I think everyone is probably trying to get their head around the choices. I get confused and I'm the one who is supposed to know what's going on! :? :dont know: :grin:

Terry, thanks for doing that :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back