Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How to remove the Hazard Warning Switch (Sorted)

decgraham

Albert Park
Hi All,

Just had to use my hazard warning lights switch, pulled up half in a no parking zone :roll: and noticed that the front edge of the switch is sitting low compared with the other switches. Having looked at the switch online it looks like one of the tangs has broken off. Can someone please tell me how to get to it?

Thanks a bunch. I see a new one from one of the UK suppliers is £68.88 plus VAT.... WTF :eek:

I will be looking to repair it.

ATB :)

There's one on Ebay for £20

Thanks baldguy, I saw that too :thumb: I just want to remove it first to see if it is a broken tang.

:D :D you obviously know the area, can't beat the easy going parking rules :thumb: Although they do charge 50 cents to park in a blue zone for an hour.

Now how do I get the switch out :?:

OK to conclude this thread. :thumb: I was able to get the two switch block carriers out by just gently prising them out, one side then the other, lower then the upper. The problem was not with the switch tangs but with the block as can be seen in the pics, unfortunately the plastic had broken away and the broken piece was no where to be seen.

For the fix, I cut a small piece of tin bent it around the switch above where the clip is and then inserted it back into position applying super glue to the metal. Basically I made the missing piece but gave it more support by bending it around the switch and thus allowing it to glue to the sides of the holder for the Hazard switch. Glad to say .... it worked :lol:

Put it all back together and all is good.

Attachments

• switch_block_969.jpg
    switch_block_969.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 1,617
  • hazard_switch_408.jpg
    hazard_switch_408.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 1,617
Cameltoe & Heel said:
Loving your work :thumb:

Trev

Thanks Trev, keeps me out of mischief and a new switch block carrier was over a couple of hundred quid :nooo: I like to fix rather than replace if I can. We throw too much away in today's world and being an ex marine engineer I see these tasks as a challenge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back