Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spyder Performance - Valved Exhaust - Anyone have one

steve, nope, this car never had PSE.
It doesn't bother me to be honest, just a note to people who are considering it.

If you are interested in fitting the vacuum parts, here is a video I made on what to do.

MC

Thanks for the update re sound and setup.

I just had these fitted by Spyder Performance and have to say...I absolutely love 'em. In quiet mode they have slightly more growl than standard but the real joy is hearing them at 2500rpm and over - even get little 'pops' on overrun when the valves are open. As stated previously, the engine starts with the valves open (unless hot and there's still vacuum in hte system) but they quieten down within a few seconds

I waited for the 3.4 version which I believe has downgraded springs in the valve mechanism as the 3.4 produces less vacuum than the 3.6 and opted to pay to have them fitted as I don't really have anywhere to work on the car at this time of year.

Dean at Spyder Performance was UBAH helpfull and didn't complain at keeping my car there for an extended period while replacement exhaust brackets were sent from the US ($99 for the pair where everywhere in Europe was £250 plus) and I will be using them again wherever I need anything :worship:

ShornW said:
I just had these fitted by Spyder Performance and have to say...I absolutely love 'em. In quiet mode they have slightly more growl than standard but the real joy is hearing them at 2500rpm and over - even get little 'pops' on overrun when the valves are open. As stated previously, the engine starts with the valves open (unless hot and there's still vacuum in hte system) but they quieten down within a few seconds

I waited for the 3.4 version which I believe has downgraded springs in the valve mechanism as the 3.4 produces less vacuum than the 3.6 and opted to pay to have them fitted as I don't really have anywhere to work on the car at this time of year.

Dean at Spyder Performance was UBAH helpfull and didn't complain at keeping my car there for an extended period while replacement exhaust brackets were sent from the US ($99 for the pair where everywhere in Europe was £250 plus) and I will be using them again wherever I need anything :worship:

Bit late picking this up, but would you mind sharing how much the exhaust and fitting cost?

An earlier post mentioned it was around £600 for the exhaust, but I see on eBay they're currently going for £900!

youngsyr said:
An earlier post mentioned it was around £600 for the exhaust, but I see on eBay they're currently going for £900!

I bought mine using a £75 ebay coupon and during heavy discounts near christmas. I wouldn't take it as a reference.

Speak to Dean about the pricing, the eBay price is not correct.

I have a spider exhaust and I'm very happy with it. Although I did find there was a small drone at low revs with the valves open. I fitted a cold air induction pipe with a blanking plug for the resonator which I also purchased from ePorsche for £35. I then fitted a BMC air filter for £72 and it sounds bloody great with no drone at low revs.

I got it for nearly a year, trip in europe perfect for me, valve close for long trip are perfect, open valve sounds epic, but I think these are more restrictive then OEM and I think you have less power, also I find with valves closed car respond better that make sense...... overall price to product... :thumb:

Hi Guys,

Just fitted a set of these spyder valvetronic exhaust boxes.

Build quality looked good, well engineered actuator system, and great welds. it does however require some fettling to get fitted correctly. I had to bend the brackets a bit to get the boxes to a position that suited the exhaust tip location through the bumper. this required fit and removal a few times to get right.
What i did notice is that the 'bendy' section of the exhaust pipe is around twice as long as the one i removed (Danske), this causes it to fowl on the cat flange that sits adjacent to it, no amount of massaging would make it fit clear of it. its just touching and no more, hopefully wont vibrate as its all connected together.

They sound great, nice and smooth, not too quiet when valves shut. Lovely sporty rasp when open.
As mentioned earlier in the thread, they default to sporty when starting the car, this requires pushing the switch (to light on) each time at start, to keep in quiet mode. Ive never had the factory fit PSE working before so dont know how its supposed to default.

Anyway, mine is quiet with PSE light on, and loud with light off.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back