Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Club Autosport fibreglass panels

Carbon parts are wet layup not vacuum prepreg. As such they are a bit lighter and stronger than fibreglass, but not much. I was advised to go for fibreglass. When the salesman is telling me to spend half the money I listen.

MC

I run a clubautosport bonnet, have done for a few years.

Like MC, I was set on carbon but ended up with fibre-glass, there was no weight saving with the carbon and I was having it painted. - No issue with strength, and the finish was decent and didnt need a lot of work before painting.

The fit is ok at best, front edge is fine, sides are not great.

I have fitted the bonnet on mine, as said previously, the fit at the front and the rear is good, but the fit at the side is not great. I have been told by them that I can remove the bonnet and weight it and heat it to try to get it to fit better, which from the sounds of it means that it isn't the first time that this has happened.

MC

coullstar said:
Any feedback on these guys panels regards fitment and strength?

Close to ordering a bumper from them.

Did you end up ordering the bumper? I am thinking of doing the same.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back