Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dashcam switched off

chicb

Monza
I have a Carrera 4S, F type, S class Merc & Range Rover but have recently noticed that when they come back from the main dealers after a service the dashcams are always switched off. Is this some privacy law or more probably to stop me seeing what they get up to on the test drive. Anyone else noticed this?

I think it's to do with privacy laws.

Owners of other vehicles in the workshop might not want the world knowing their car is in for repair. (Especially if celebrity owned, who would happily sue the dealer if images of their crash damaged cars leaked to the tabloids)

The dealer may not want you knowing where they keep their keys, code to the safe etc etc.

It may even be a requirement of their Insurance for that matter.

I don't think it's anything sinister.

Techs tend turn off all dashcams as customers all to frequently complain about the bad language and 'banter' that goes on in dealer workshops.Its a workshop ffs, so you'll get a load of guys yelling and shouting at each other, cracking awful jokes and singing really badly.You really wouldn't want to hear it.The feelings are that customers who watch the footage of their cars being serviced really should get out more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back