Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

design911 RS Engine mounts

Looks like you don't get the bolts and washers so not as cheap as first look.
They are made by Uro on ebay as well for £150 +
Type 911 full kit £250+
Personally I'd stick with OPC supplied.

Can't comment on the ones listed, however i'd advise getting some recommendations before buying.
I went down the semi-solid route with Wevo mounts as I didn't want too much vibration through the drive train.

Check out Rennlist & Pelican Parts as there are plenty of reviews on various options. ;)

C.

I would go with the Porsche items, these are cheap copies of the Porsche items, buy well now and they will last a life-time, assuming that you do modest mileage.

As already mentioned the Porsche mounting hardware is expensive, in particular the bolts, washers and spacers that are required, so once you add these in price stacks up. - There was a genuine Porsche kit of everything required on ebay.

I dont find any really additional nvh with the Porsche items, but they do make a noticeable difference in tightening things up against the original soft mounts.

nickjonesn4 said:
andyobro said:
Evening all,

Has anyone used these replacement RS engine mounts from design911?

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod133853/Engine-Mount-Kit---HD-RS-version-Porsche-964-RS---993-RS/

Good, bad, indifferent?

Thanks Andy

These are good, super quality and tuneable. I'm running the softest ones at the moment.

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod...Mount--Pair--Porsche-964-993-986-996-987-997/

I had the first ones of these that came into the UK around 4 years ago.
They needed returning as the thread didn't run all the way up the mount, since resolved.

They replaced some totally shot C4 mounts while I was doing the chassis legs (the scope of work crept a little).

They came with 3x inserts and the promise of replacement inserts only in the future which made them attractive.

I saw a huge difference but my originals were so bad I've no frame of reference.
I was using a lot of clear dinitrol on the rebuild but keep it away from the mounts as the insert material needs to be clear of wax etc as the mount relies on this to tighten.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back