Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 C4/C4S

If you don't have too many 'must haves' in your criteria, it'll make things easier. The S cars tend to have more options and the C4S cars generally have more boxes ticked than a C2S in my experience.

Sports exhaust needs to be there for me, but Porsche were happy to retrofit.

I think you are doing the right thing regarding getting a 4, as it'll get better traction on those cold and damp days. The 2 will let go at times, but often doesn't lose its line in the process. I had worse RWD cars by far.

My wife's car
Drove it four times last year could be tempted to sell as we have two

Attachments

• 735b999f_175a_4daf_a044_5f118552a6c0_392.jpeg
    735b999f_175a_4daf_a044_5f118552a6c0_392.jpeg
    951.5 KB · Views: 4,308
Didn't realise the C4 had no parking sensors until now.

Hamster75 said:
We all like our own cars but I must chirp in as I love my 997.2 C4
particulary love the wide shape & hips with the red strip across.
To drive is great very sure footed coming out of corners & handles realy nice, plenty enough power thats usable in my opinion, either 4 or 4$ would be nice.

Its too damn good in the wet, immense grip, Herman white never seemed like letting go and you could feel those front wheels gripping. Herman yellow, on the other hand, is a frightening beast in the wet.

rakerone said:
My wife's car
Drove it four times last year could be tempted to sell as we have two

Nice! The Carrera 4 models do look good in white. Probably because that red full width reflector does such a good job of accentuating the hips and plays nicely against the light colour. Classy combo :thumb:

rakerone said:
Ment to say a 993

Perfect combo chap. Even better if the 993 is white 4S (that would be a rare beast!).

There's a lot of love for the red strip at the back, it's the only thing I don't like about the c4/s.

Elan I've been looking too, I was tempted to try and get over to Essex prestige yesterday but the wife wasn't keen on taking up her day off.

A couple of good spec cars about but they are around 50k.

I wasn't sure about white 997 but it does look very good , especially with the red stripe.

Bund, I was a bit disappointed with the bodywork of the car at Essex Prestige, fair bit of stone cops around the front, arches and scrapes around door/door handle. Maybe I am being picky as it a 10 year old car but other cars had better bodywork.

The 50k cars are in better shape but in 991 territory?

There is a couple of good private cars for sale but would prefer to px my car then sell privately.

elan said:
I wasn't sure about white 997 but it does look very good , especially with the red stripe.

Bund, I was a bit disappointed with the bodywork of the car at Essex Prestige, fair bit of stone cops around the front, arches and scrapes around door/door handle. Maybe I am being picky as it a 10 year old car but other cars had better bodywork.

There is a couple of good private cars for sale but would prefer to px my car then sell privately.

I agree Rakerone car looks good, I wasn't considering white but will if the spec is right.

The Essex car was owned by another forum member who's confirmed its mechanically in good shape but at 70k you're going to get the odd scratch/chip but maybe the black colour is showing those up more?

I'm happy to buy private but haven't seen any pdk .2 4S for sale on the normal channels?

Bund said:
elan said:

I agree Rakerone car looks good, I wasn't considering white but will if the spec is right.

The Essex car was owned by another forum member who's confirmed its mechanically in good shape but at 70k you're going to get the odd scratch/chip but maybe the black colour is showing those up more?

I'm happy to buy private but haven't seen any pdk .2 4S for sale on the normal channels?

Hey chap, I realise this is not what you're after but I know you like your toys; this is a nice C2S at JZM. It's red so not to everyone's taste but the options are lovely. Plus 21000 miles so will be fresh.

https://www.jzmporsche.com/used-vehicle-details/Porsche-911-U1553/

MattyR said:
Bund said:
elan said:

Hey chap, I realise this is not what you're after but I know you like your toys; this is a nice C2S at JZM. It's red so not to everyone's taste but the options are lovely. Plus 21000 miles so will be fresh.

https://www.jzmporsche.com/used-vehicle-details/Porsche-911-U1553/

Hey Matt

That is a good looking car but has to be a PDK this time round so I'll use it everyday, I'm using my 560 daily at the moment over the RS4 as my journeys are short and its now a pain using a manual box.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back