Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sell as is or smarten it up?

HSC911 said:
ballcock said:
Maybe a couple of pics on this thread mightn't do any harm either :wink:

OF THE CAR :hand:

:grin:

Either or ... :whistle:

Do you have full details of the work done by Hartech? If it had a rebuild due to a cracked head and at the same time the IMS bearing was replaced, then assuming that the cylinders / pistons were not touched at all then IMO that will make next to no difference to the value. If however it has had new liners and pistons fitted by Hartech, or has had rings fitted to keep the bores round then it would make it more desirable.

Photos please, of the list of work by Hartech...

MC

Thanks everyone for your input, much appreciated.

I'll dig out the details of the work that Hartech did and a couple of pics for anyone interested. I do know that the remaining cylinders were strengthened & overhauled and piston rings replaced ...

Tbh, I'm not expecting to get top dollar for it but I would have thought the rebuild would make it a slightly less risky foray into 911 ownership than one without?

Oh, it's an auto by the way 🤭

Thanks again,

Jane

If the rebuild addressed perceived weaknesses of the 3.4 then there may be some value in it, so you're looking for evidence that the IMS bearing was upgraded to the later, larger unit and that the bores have been converted to 'closed deck". Both these operations involve machining. If it was just taken apart and put back together again, even with some new bits, then sadly it's just an old car with a new engine.

Whilst I agree with all the comments above, personally I doubt you'll get anything like your money back on cosmetic improvements. Far better to sell as is (blank canvas) IMHO. It may be a more limited market, but you can open that back up with a lower price and the knowledge the car owes you less. Again, sadly, it's not the perceived most popular/desirable spec so I think your looking at £12k tops to be honest, probably a lot less given your description of the leather and crazed paintwork.

I really wish you well with but unless you can make anything of the Hartech rebuild, best to sell quickly with no further investment IMHO. Get a years MOT on it though. You'll always get that back (assuming a pass).

Crikes, that went downhill fast - it's not some leaky out heap that won't pass an MOT, it just needs some TLC cosmetically 😂

Thanks everyone for your input and suggestions, we shall put an ad together and see what happens 👍

Cheers

Jane

...you will get mugged on the price as is as buyers will simply see a 'tatty' 911 and haggle accordingly!

Spend a grand sorting it out which you will get back and avoid the inevitable bumbags after a deal or their first cheap Porsche...

Good luck whatever you do...

Just to confirm, this is what was done at Hartech 👍

Attachments

• d360d96a_a566_4e0f_bda6_964ffcb7dd1c_623.jpeg
    d360d96a_a566_4e0f_bda6_964ffcb7dd1c_623.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 744

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211