Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Samsung Galaxy to 997.2 Bose. Where is the Music!

I wish I'd ordered this earlier as I've got some drives coming up over the next few weeks and would be perfect to stream Spotify. I'll get it ordered so I've got a handle on how it works

icekay said:
To clarify you will need a bluetooth adapter, the built in bluetooth only works for phone call audio and doesn't support music streaming.

I got this one: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw1qGowxkA5YdUUdwcjqJcdS

You plug one end to the aux port and the other to USB (for charging, though the device can run on its battery for short journeys). I leave mine plugged in and hasn't drained the battery.

For just £11.90 I thought there really wasn't much to lose by giving it a try, but to my surprise has worked flawlessly for the past year!
On the back of this recommendation, I suggested it to a mate and he's come back to me and said it works a treat. Audio quality is as good as any native BT connection, so armed with that, I've ordered mine just now.
Thanks for the suggestion :thumb:

So I ordered mine at 3:15pm yesterday, arrived at 11:15am today, you've got to live Amazon.
As per my mates observation, it's brilliant. The only thing you can't do is control the music like you can with some of the other options out there, but my Spotify playlist is big enough that I'd need to be on the road for quite some time before I'd need to touch it.
Set up was easy as you'd like and sound quality is as good as any native solution in newer cars. For £11.89, it gets a 10/10 from me.

Icekay i have the gadget now but dont seem to be able to get it to work! So the phono jack goes in to the phone or the phono jack in the car?
Thx for advice!
Rick

First turn the keys in the car to power up everything.
1.Plug the USB Cable and the headphone jack in to the device
2. Plug the other end of both cables into the corresponding ports in the armrest
3. Activate BT on your phone
4. Press the power button on the device until is changes from red to red/blue
5. On your phone select the device
6. Once paired, on your PCM select AUX
7. Turn music on and away you go.

A couple of things of note
Turn the volume up on your phone
You'll need to press the power button on the device each time you're out of the car longer than about 15 mins.

You should be good to go

I have these two items. The USB cable and the bluetooth bit, which has a phono jack on one end, and just a micro usb socket on the other end.

On the PCM I don't have an Aux option, just this:

Any ideas?
Cheers
Rick

When you open the arm rest up in the centre console, do you have the OEM Porsche Y cable connected by chance for the iPod?

Negative on that. No cable, just the 3 sockets, aux usb and ipod.

Nothing happens when you hit iPod?
Edit. Just make sure you have the USB plugged in as it may not recognise it yet due to the battery being flat on the BT device

Yes nothing happens if I hit Ipod; just a message saying no Ipod connected. The BT device has a 70% charge.

Where yours says iPod, mine says AUX.
Sorry mate, I think you're going to have to get the PCM booklet out to find out how to activate AUX

I think you may be right. But thanks for taking the time to help.
Cheers
Rick

Once you get it to show AUX, you'll be up and running within the next 2 mins. Keep persisting ad it is worth the effort

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, been away on holiday - FZP's instructions for getting it to work are spot on!

On my car you press the DISC button repeatedly to toggle between DISC and AUX, I took a picture after pressing it twice.

Attachments

• 20190116_215830_r_540.jpg
    20190116_215830_r_540.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 1,416
Another tip is to set your aux volume right up to the max, as the default setting will be much quieter than other audio sources (even if you get your phone volume up).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back