Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spec advice

zangezur

I put my order in early December and have been given a build slot in March for April delivery. Originally they told me May.

I just wondered if anyone had advice about the PASM. I know it lowers the car by 10mm but does it stiffen the ride when not activated? I am not into a really hard ride. I was also concerned about speed bumps so went for the front lift system.

Here is my build:

Carmine Red
Black leather interior (Crayon stitching)
Electric slide/tilt glass sunroof
Privacy glass
Electric folding exterior mirrors including courtesy lighting
8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Rear-axle steering
Sport Chrono Package incl. mode switch
Power steering Plus
Front axle lift system
20/21-inch Carrera S wheels
Wheels painted in Black (high-gloss) Porsche Exclusive Manufacture
LED-Matrix headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus).
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor
Comfort and assistance systems
ParkAssist (front and rear) including Surround View
Lane Keep Assist incl. Speed limit indicator
Adaptive cruise control
Lane Change Assist
HomeLink®
Ioniser
Light design package
Adaptive Sports seats Plus (18-way, electric) with memory package
GT sport steering wheel in leather, heated
Bordeaux Red seat belts Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Leather interior package Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Porsche Crest embossed on headrests Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Roof lining in Alcantara®
Burmester® High-End Surround Sound-System

Thanks

:welcome:

A lovely colour, look forward to seeing the actual car :thumb:

Thanks. Yes I am torn between Carmine Red and Agate Grey. I think they both look good with the black wheels.

I really like Carmine, if only i was braver....

I'm not really up to speed with the 992 specs but based on 991 specs I would say PASM is a must have for me, it is one of the best adapative suspension systems on the market and other than comparing to a luxury car, for a sports car, the ride is not too harsh.

The only other comment I would make is check that full climate control is standard. Up to the 991 air con was standard but full climate was optional and confusingly called "dual air con". Lots of people did not spec it only to realise on delivery that they had no climate control but only manual air con. They may have sorted this and made climate standard on the 992 (which it should be on a £100k+ car :roll: )

Thanks. I will check but I didn't see any option for climate control or dual aircon. Will check with the dealer.
He told me all dealer sales people are going to Mallorca to see and drive the cars so he will send photos when he gets back which is just before I have to finalise the order and pay the 10%.

Given the high spec you've gone for I would definitely include PASM.

Front axle lift might be superfluous unless you frequently encounter speed bumps. Likewise, folding mirrors as the 992 comes wide-bodied only. When I spec'ed my 991 you also lost the Sport Design mirrors if you went for folding (I don't know if thats the case with the 992 though).

Zangezur
If you look on the standard spec PASM is standard what you're paying for is to have the PASM. 10mm lower,personally I'm not including that on my spec.
SteveW

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back