Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

do i sell?

It`s a case of you "get" the "Porsche thing" and are hooked for life, or you move on to something else having owned one. Your situation sort of intimates that you haven`t got the "Porsche thing" to me :dont know:

Personally, I put up with the whinging and moaning from my 3 now grown up kids and they now fully understand what it`s all about. My 20 year old daughter now believes that my Boxster belongs to her in the near future :nooo:

As Porsche say, "there is no substitute" :thumbs:

Keep the 911, I've got a Discovery as my second car for family/dog outings and it's perfect ~ big, luxurious, powerful etc etc. I've been tempted by an RS4 or RS6 but neither would be as big and comfy as the Disco, but the power is very tempting!

Keep it. The cost of changing over for another car would be the same as buying a beater to stop their whinging ways

Keep.

You was only ever going to get one answer to your question asking a bunch of Porsche nuts . :grin:

Keep the 997 and leave the wife at home.

My kids are 9 & 10 so I view mine as a 3 seater car.

I'm 6'4 and when my lad turned 7 he couldn't fit comfortably behind me without me having to compromise.

I can still drop the kids at school on the way to work, so it ticks the practicality box.
:thumb:

If you need a 3/4 seater as part of your daily driving duties I'd swap the 997 for a Panamera or Macan.

Otherwise I'd keep the 997 ,get rid of the T5 and buy a nice 4 door, 4 seater car. There's some real bargains around. Stick a £5,000 (or less) max price into PH and/or AT and have fun choosing. :thumb:

so keep the 997 seems to be the main reply

The t5 is a fully bespoke lwb campervan, so selling it is about as probable as selling the kids or a divorce!

think i'll remap the t5 and run around in that for a bit

cheers

Keeping it seems to be the consensus, i'd expect so though....

A decent spec and colour will always sell relatively easy at sensible money so you shouldn't come unstuck.

As others have said I think an Rs4 is a great family car unless you have the means for a panamera granturismo and then that wins but the only only supercar performance is the RS6, the RS4 doesn't come close.

I'd go Tesla if was concerned about kids.

Bund said:

A decent spec and colour will always sell relatively easy at sensible money so you shouldn't come unstuck.

As others have said I think an Rs4 is a great family car unless you have the means for a panamera granturismo and then that wins but the only only supercar performance is the RS6, the RS4 doesn't come close.

Tesla doesn't quite have the range i need

cheers

No keep it for summer & see if you still enjoy

ash005 said:
Bund said:

Tesla doesn't quite have the range i need

cheers

I have new RS4, just sold RS6, and wife has 997.
RS4 if you want 997 (or more) pace and decent handling.
RS6 if you want supercar pace and not so fussed on handling
Panny Turbo if you have the money
Tesla too poorly screwed together for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back