Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PASM Delete

ninenineseven said:
If you need to borrow durametric to do this pm me your address and I'll send you mine so long as you post it back :thumb: :lol:

That is really kind of you, thank you! If I don't buy one I will certainly take you up on your offer :thumb:

I've just installed BC coilovers on my 997.1 C4S. Being on a budget I measured the resistance of the original PASM shocks and wired in the appropriate resistors to fool the control module. All was good for a week or so but today I got PASM failure message and the corresponding and heartbreaking loss of sports mode.
I'm now wondering if PASM needs to be coded out. I only have Carsoft so unable to do this and am striving to avoid visiting a dealer or indie.
Any advice/help gratefully received, thanks.

merged this thread with others, on page 1

Ah, thanks admin, looks like the Foxwell nt530 is capable of the PASM coding needed. (£165)
I will order one today unless there is somebody in mid Devon with a bit of kit that can do the job ? (Long shot)
Excellent forum. Thanks again.
Simon

Ah, thanks admin, looks like the Foxwell nt530 is capable of the PASM coding needed. (£165)
I will order one today unless there is somebody in mid Devon with a bit of kit that can do the job ? (Long shot)
Excellent forum. Thanks again.
Simon
depends on if there are independents in the area who can plug it in for a quick code ?

Update. Although totally confident that my wiring in of the resistors was an exemplary piece of soldering, it turns out that there was a bad joint 🤭.
Without wishing to tempt fate,
having rectified this all seems good again without the need for any coding.
I will post another update after a few hundred miles, incase this assists others with PASM delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back