Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne 955 door hinge bolts

martinlepp

Hi all
I have bought a shim set to adjust my drivers door on 2004 Cayenne. I can't get the bolts off. Any one knows what size and type bit to use?
It looked like torx 40 but it rounded the bolt a bit so I gave up.
I'll use some penetrating oil but still need the correct bit to give it another go.
Cheers
Martin

To be honest i dont know the size .. i would need to look at one and we have none in atm ... if its rounded off though then it will be a problem ... off hand i think its a spline tool but unsure of the size .

A fix i have herd of , well seen it done but didnt quite get it .. you place a socket .. something like a 13mm in the lower hinge then push the door closed a bit .. it will bend the hinge outwards.

This all depends on what fault you actually have but the above will push out the base of the door and raise it a small amount .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back