Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PASM Delete

DucatiRob

Anyone fitted coil overs to replace PASM shocks and know a way to do this other than have it coded out by an OPC? I know Ohlins and I think KW, do a PASM delete kit that appears to be what looks like a capacitor or other electronic component that connects to the PASM lead, but £400 :eek:

Bilstein Damptronics coupled with DSC module is a great way to go. IMHO. 8)

Get it coded out somewhere other than an OPC.

any indy shop that has a PIWIS or a PIWIS clone can disable the pasm. Dont pay the dealer a lot of money to do it. Takes about 10 mins if they go slow, 20mins if they go slow + dont know what they are doing

Thanks, that's probably what I will do. Will investigate what makes up the electronicery bits that à–hlins sell as would prefer a plug and play solution. I am sure it is just a capacitor or something, google :typing:

Fair enough Rob, but you'll find for most Indies that's £20 max in the tea and biscuits fund.
If you're ocd you might also need to swap the PASM /PSE/SPORT/Spoiler control switches

jonno_ said:
Fair enough Rob, but you'll find for most Indies that's £20 max in the tea and biscuits fund.
If you're ocd you might also need to swap the PASM /PSE/SPORT/Spoiler control switches

£20! Bargain, if I can get someone to do it for that will be happy! I wonder why Ohlins and Eibach sell PASM delete kits for £400 :dont know:

I did this. Pull the fuse to the PASM!

Actually can't remember exactly but we didn't need the kit. Fuse plus uncoding I think.

This is from my build thread

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=97438&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=880

Suspension arrived quickly however another issue. The Ohlins comes with a PASM cancellation kit which tells the car to not throw up a fault when you press the PASM button. However Ohlins said it was on back order and wouldn't be ready for 1 month. I was due to leave for a trip to Monaco in a few days, so some more research and we decided to try to pull the PASM fuse and deactivate it in PIWIS - it worked! So if you are buying this kit and your car has PASM, don't spend £400 on a PASM cancel kit, just follow this instruction.
The car looks amazing and it feels the last part of the puzzle has been inserted. The car feels finished to me now. I will add more parts such as a roll cage but mostly just little things now. In the next article, I'll talk about how the car drives now it's complete. It's quite a contrast!

isysman said:
This is from my build thread

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=97438&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=880

Suspension arrived quickly however another issue. The Ohlins comes with a PASM cancellation kit which tells the car to not throw up a fault when you press the PASM button. However Ohlins said it was on back order and wouldn't be ready for 1 month. I was due to leave for a trip to Monaco in a few days, so some more research and we decided to try to pull the PASM fuse and deactivate it in PIWIS - it worked! So if you are buying this kit and your car has PASM, don't spend £400 on a PASM cancel kit, just follow this instruction.
The car looks amazing and it feels the last part of the puzzle has been inserted. The car feels finished to me now. I will add more parts such as a roll cage but mostly just little things now. In the next article, I'll talk about how the car drives now it's complete. It's quite a contrast!

Sounds like the way to go, plus saving £400 I don't need to spend :thumb:

How do the Bilstein B16s compare price wise to the Ohlins? I had the same conundrum and opted for the Bilsteins so I could keep the button.

I think the B16's are a few hundred quid less and the Damptronics are about the same, some good discounts on the Damptronics at the moment!

I've just done this and can confirm it works.

Code it to not fitted with Durametric Pro (or similar) and pull the 15amp fuse, it's #9 row C :thumb:

ninenineseven said:
I've just done this and can confirm it works.

Code it to not fitted with Durametric Pro (or similar) and pull the 15amp fuse, it's #9 row C :thumb:

:thumb: Might just buy one of these! Will always come in handy!

If you need to borrow durametric to do this pm me your address and I'll send you mine so long as you post it back :thumb: :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back