Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Motoreasy Warranty

Geoffers997

Hello All,
I had a quick search of the Forum for these guys who are advertising heavily on TV just now - nothing popped up.

Anyone have any experiences to share? Their salesman was pure SnakeOil which made me wary; their 2 year offering was £400 cheaper than the OPC variant and they're saying (I need to see this in writing) the car will only go to the OPC for work.

Thanks all!

Geoffers997 said:
Hello All,
I had a quick search of the Forum for these guys who are advertising heavily on TV just now - nothing popped up.

Anyone have any experiences to share? Their salesman was pure SnakeOil which made me wary; their 2 year offering was £400 cheaper than the OPC variant and they're saying (I need to see this in writing) the car will only go to the OPC for work.

Thanks all!

Duncan McClure Fisher's company. He was a Director at Warranty Direct.

I have had dealings with WD. After a long wait and a lot of phone calls, they eventually paid Hartech to rebuild my 996 motor.

His new company????? He has a lot of experience in the industry so he knows what he is doing.

However, what about his staff? The first person at WD that I dealt with wanted to send my engine to a re-builder that specialized in diesels :eh!:

Personally, I would stick with the OPC. Never questioned any work that needed doing on my 997 and never quoted "betterment". (warranty companies way of not paying totally for the new parts).

:thumb:

Decision made: I'm sticking with the 'devil I know'.

In the end the relatively small price differential, my gut-feel and a trawl of some review sites made my mind up

Wise decision :thumb:

You don't say what car you have or your location. (your posting in the 991 forum but have 997 in your name)

If your car is fairly recent, OPC warranty is a "no brainer".

If you have a 997 it is still a good idea.......although, if you live within a reasonable distance from Hartech (Bolton).....you might consider their ownership plan that they advertise on their website....monthly payment and you have a maintenance plan, labour costs covered and more.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back