Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 17
997 : 2004- 65
996 : 1997-2005 31
993 : 1993-1998 3
964 : 1989-1993 6
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 2
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 3
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 18
Cayman : 2005- 12
Cayenne : 2003- 3
Macan : 2014- 1
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Rhodris-dad
Montreal


Joined: 28 Nov 2013
Posts: 609
Location: RHYL

2015 Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: 997 good price my old car Reply with quote

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201812042974993

If anyone is interested in this car, I can give a low down on it's history for the last 4 and a half years.....feel free to PM me. Thumb
_________________
2015 991.1 C4GTS PDK
2010 997 C4S PDK sold
2003 996 C2 Tip sold
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Counter Of Beans
Monza


Joined: 10 May 2018
Posts: 229
Location: Hampshire


PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is always intriguing when your old car pops up for sale, not least the price compared to when you owned it.
The ad does That Odd Thing Where They Capitalise Each Word For No Good Reason, but hey. Also they can't spell "facilities"; these errors of grammar would put me off what looks like a very good car. You might think "COB you are one sad individual" and you'd probably be correct.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
FZP
Paul Ricard


Joined: 18 Jan 2015
Posts: 3119
Location: Cheshire


PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ALSO FIND IT ANNOYING WHEN CAR ADVERTS ARE ALL DONE IN CAPS. IT MAKES IT MORE DIFFICULT TO READ MAKING ME LESS INCLINED TO INVESTIGATE FURTHER Dont know
_________________
997.2 Carrera 2S GT Silver/Cocoa.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
spongebob squarepants
Shanghai


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 4792
Location: Manchester and Iraq


PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 997 good price my old car Reply with quote

Rhodris-dad wrote:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201812042974993

If anyone is interested in this car, I can give a low down on it's history for the last 4 and a half years.....feel free to PM me. Thumb


71k did you do some round the world trips Grin Surprised
_________________


991 C2S X51 powerkit PDK in racing yellow, PCCB, PDCC, PSE, Sports design kit, ducktail.
EX 997.2 Carrera 4S PDK
EX 997.2 Carrera S PDK
EX 993 C2 manual in guards red
EX 997 C2 gen 2 PDK
EX 993 Targa
EX 993 Carrera 4 manual
EX 996 3.4 Cabriolet
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
Rhodris-dad
Montreal


Joined: 28 Nov 2013
Posts: 609
Location: RHYL

2015 Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 997 good price my old car Reply with quote

spongebob squarepants wrote:
Rhodris-dad wrote:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201812042974993

If anyone is interested in this car, I can give a low down on it's history for the last 4 and a half years.....feel free to PM me. Thumb


71k did you do some round the world trips Grin Surprised



Floor bought it with 48k on the clock.....i'm a spec over mileage buyer.
_________________
2015 991.1 C4GTS PDK
2010 997 C4S PDK sold
2003 996 C2 Tip sold
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
resigner
Suzuka


Joined: 19 Dec 2013
Posts: 1194



PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate "Massive HUGE Spec" or "Every Option"

ohhhh every option, so what it has 5 or 6 sets of wheels does it........
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Bund
Nürburgring


Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Posts: 438
Location: London


PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still keep coming back to this car, wish I'd seen this before the auction though lol, advert is saying Porsche warranty till April 2019 but I thought it was meant to be removed when being traded through the system?

I thought Dove House's 85k car was a bit rich at 33/34 though.
_________________
Audi B7 RS4 avant, Mercedes W124 E320 Sportline cabriolet, Mercedes 560 SEC, Toyota LJ70 Land Cruiser
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
T8
General
General


Joined: 29 Jun 2010
Posts: 15174
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bund wrote:


Still keep coming back to this car, wish I'd seen this before the auction though lol, advert is saying Porsche warranty till April 2019 but I thought it was meant to be removed when being traded through the system?



Officially the Porsche Warranty became void as soon as the car left private ownership and didn't go back into the OPC network.

If a subsequent owner attempts to make a claim they might find themselves on a sticky wicket.

I'd certainly want something in writing from the supplying dealer to confirm the level of warranty coverage.
_________________
2007 Guards Red 997 Turbo Tiptronic
ex 2004 Polar Silver 996T Tiptronic
ex 2002 Seal Grey 996.2 C4 Tiptronic
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Bund
Nürburgring


Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Posts: 438
Location: London


PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T8 wrote:
Bund wrote:


Still keep coming back to this car, wish I'd seen this before the auction though lol, advert is saying Porsche warranty till April 2019 but I thought it was meant to be removed when being traded through the system?



Officially the Porsche Warranty became void as soon as the car left private ownership and didn't go back into the OPC network.

If a subsequent owner attempts to make a claim they might find themselves on a sticky wicket.

I'd certainly want something in writing from the supplying dealer to confirm the level of warranty coverage.


Guess new buyer could ring Porsche uk prior to handing over money and say that looking to buy etc and I’m being told it has Porsche warranty till xyz, can you confirm?
_________________
Audi B7 RS4 avant, Mercedes W124 E320 Sportline cabriolet, Mercedes 560 SEC, Toyota LJ70 Land Cruiser
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
T8
General
General


Joined: 29 Jun 2010
Posts: 15174
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bund wrote:


Guess new buyer could ring Porsche uk prior to handing over money and say that looking to buy etc and I’m being told it has Porsche warranty till xyz, can you confirm?



It's not a case of whether a warranty was taken out on the car. 'Rhodris Dad' has already said that it was. It's whether it's transferable.

If the potential buyer rang Porsche GB they'd be asked whether they are buying the car privately or from a dealer. If the reply was 'from a dealer' they'd simply answer that the warranty is now void.
_________________
2007 Guards Red 997 Turbo Tiptronic
ex 2004 Polar Silver 996T Tiptronic
ex 2002 Seal Grey 996.2 C4 Tiptronic
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Bund
Nürburgring


Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Posts: 438
Location: London


PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T8 wrote:
Bund wrote:


Guess new buyer could ring Porsche uk prior to handing over money and say that looking to buy etc and I’m being told it has Porsche warranty till xyz, can you confirm?



It's not a case of whether a warranty was taken out on the car. 'Rhodris Dad' has already said that it was. It's whether it's transferable.

If the potential buyer rang Porsche GB they'd be asked whether they are buying the car privately or from a dealer. If the reply was 'from a dealer' they'd simply answer that the warranty is now void.


Thanks T8 but I’m not questioning if the warranty was put on the car, we know it was, I was trying to suggest a way to confirm nothing has changed with porsche’s policy on warranties come selling on, the Essex garage seem to believe it still has a porsche warranty, perhaps just from a booklet inside the car and they don’t know that it’s now voided.
_________________
Audi B7 RS4 avant, Mercedes W124 E320 Sportline cabriolet, Mercedes 560 SEC, Toyota LJ70 Land Cruiser
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Rhodris-dad
Montreal


Joined: 28 Nov 2013
Posts: 609
Location: RHYL

2015 Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bund wrote:
T8 wrote:
Bund wrote:


Guess new buyer could ring Porsche uk prior to handing over money and say that looking to buy etc and I’m being told it has Porsche warranty till xyz, can you confirm?



It's not a case of whether a warranty was taken out on the car. 'Rhodris Dad' has already said that it was. It's whether it's transferable.

If the potential buyer rang Porsche GB they'd be asked whether they are buying the car privately or from a dealer. If the reply was 'from a dealer' they'd simply answer that the warranty is now void.


Thanks T8 but I’m not questioning if the warranty was put on the car, we know it was, I was trying to suggest a way to confirm nothing has changed with Porsche’s policy on warranties come selling on, the Essex garage seem to believe it still has a Porsche warranty, perhaps just from a booklet inside the car and they don’t know that it’s now voided.



I was the one who said it had a Porsche warranty till April (as I still thought it was transferable)....but I am sure the garage are quoting an AA warranty.

I am sure the car would be more expensive if it was on an OPC forecourt with their warranty.

The only thing that needed doing for the 111 point check in April 2018 was to change the Bosch front wiper blades to Porsche ones.
_________________
2015 991.1 C4GTS PDK
2010 997 C4S PDK sold
2003 996 C2 Tip sold
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
T8
General
General


Joined: 29 Jun 2010
Posts: 15174
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhodris-dad wrote:


I was the one who said it had a Porsche warranty till April (as I still thought it was transferable)....but I am sure the garage are quoting an AA warranty.



Within the first line of the description in the advert they say that the car has extended Porsche Warranty until April 2019.

Whether they realise that this isn't actually valid and that they (or their own warranty provider) would still be liable for any component failure is another matter.
_________________
2007 Guards Red 997 Turbo Tiptronic
ex 2004 Polar Silver 996T Tiptronic
ex 2002 Seal Grey 996.2 C4 Tiptronic
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum