Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fuel Gauge

daborg

I ran my 996 TT to the lowest fuel level yet < 30miles range.

Afterwards, what was a perfectly working fuel gauge has stopped working. Neither the digital or analogue readings are showing the correct fuel level.

Any ideas on a simple way to rectify this?

I take it you refilled with fuel? A full tank or a part fill? How much exactly did you put in

daborg said:
I ran my 996 TT to the lowest fuel level yet < 30miles range.

Afterwards, what was a perfectly working fuel gauge has stopped working. Neither the digital or analogue readings are showing the correct fuel level.

Any ideas on a simple way to rectify this?

Did you refill with about £30 worth of fuel :dont know:

Did you put a god dose in? Allowed mine to go very low once put in £30 and no register on gauge, added another £30 and all good.

Guess we all posted at the same time...all thinking the same thing :grin:

I hope so anyway :thumb:

I don't have my owners manual to hand right now, but I'm pretty sure it mentions this is expected behaviour if you let it run very low before refuelling.

If you filled a full tank, you may just need to start the car again to let it register the correct amount. If you didn't get a tank full, then as other suggested, you may need to top up a bit more & then restart a second time, at which point it should register the correct amount. If not you may have another issue.

deMort said:
Cough .. put more than £25 of fuel in it Cough .. im sorry .. i have a cold .

Ahem... as many of you seem to suspect, I was a tightwad and put in exactly £30 worth of fuel.

I did wonder if filling it to the brim would rectify. Thanks all for the responses. Will give it a go and revert if no change.

daborg said:
deMort said:
Cough .. put more than £25 of fuel in it Cough .. im sorry .. i have a cold .

Ahem... as many of you seem to suspect, I was a tightwad and put in exactly £30 worth of fuel.

I did wonder if filling it to the brim would rectify. Thanks all for the responses. Will give it a go and revert if no change.

On the off chance that doesnt fix it then re post please .. but i think it will .

reason .. i had a customer who said he always put £25 of fuel in and the gauge worked and now it doesnt .. i ripped the system appart , replaced and rewired .. turned out the cost of fuel had gone up and it wasnt enough going into the tank to get past the calculated amount .

deMort said:
..... .. i had a customer who said he always put £25 of fuel in and the gauge worked and now it doesnt .. i ripped the system appart , replaced and rewired .. turned out the cost of fuel had gone up and it wasnt enough going into the tank to get past the calculated amount .

:floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back