Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2001 C4 project car

Re brake pipes .. if they dont rub or foul the shock then thats fine .. it may not look pretty but as long as there is no chance of the pipes rubbing through then thats fine .

Early cars and we rotate the caliper to do just this .

Thanks for the confirmation. I still want them straight though! So I have decided I will remove the brackets and add another set of notches at the correct point for each pipe.

MC

Three of the four brake pipes are twisted more than I like. So I indid them, lined them up at the angle I want and marked the brackets ready to modify.

MC

After 10 minutes with a triangular file they are fixed.

MC

Thanks. I'm experimenting with video too....

Unfortunately I don't know how to properly embed them here yet.

MC

As Chris says above. And there are always 11 of them. And once it's completed, as the one above has been, it'll look like this:

:thumbs:

I am going to fit some alpine speakers to the car to improve the sound. They started off like this.

I cut the tabs off, then cut the surrounds off the old speakers and filed out the hole until it fitted. I'll glue them with penetrating superglue and then some sealant.

MC

The brake pipe brackets have been refitted and I am not satisfied with how the pipes fit. All tightened up, pretty much ready for some fluid.

MC

I had he'll brake lines fitted to my Impreza. I was never happy with the fit.

MisterCorn said:
The brake pipe brackets have been refitted and I am not satisfied with how the pipes fit. All tightened up, pretty much ready for some fluid.

Did you meant NOW happy? is the NOT happy a typo?

Ghianightmare said:
MisterCorn said:

Did you meant NOW happy? is the NOT happy a typo?

Ooops, yes. Should be NOW happy. I wasn't happy before, now they are great.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back