Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Time for the important service question

neil_911 said:
...drinking out a mug that says porsche on it in a fancy waiting room. Go to an OPC :lol:

I drank two cups of coffee out of a branded mug in a fancy waiting room at my Indy! Should I have been ripped off?! Zuffenhaus have been a delight to deal with for anyone in the Birmingham/Midlands area.

In response to the OP, I would keep up the warranty at every opportunity. The reason I didn't when I first bought the car was that I reckon with the major service, 111 point check, changing tyres (possibly all 4) and then removing the Bluetooth adapter I'm not far off a really good pot of cash for when disaster might strike... and that's not including the warranty cost itself. I was also fairly calculated in buying the best gen 1 that I could as that was still an engine rebuild cheaper from even a middling gen 2 when I bought.

Anyway, if you do come up with a way to predict the future running costs of a 911 accurately, please let me know too!

Hi Resigner, my 2year warranty is due to expire by the end of May 2019, I was intending to do as you did with regards to sticking it in for a 111 point check, just wondered how soon before to do it thou... Any suggestions please :)

resigner said:
As it's under warranty now (and this is what I did), put it in for the 111 point check, see if anythings wrong, get it fixed under warranty, then don't renew it and use an Indy (sounds like you have a good one nearby).

When mine was under warranty, which was for just over 2 years, it had a few things, like coil packs, stereo amp went, probably worth it, but the car is in very good condition so didn't see the point in renewing it.....

Oh, and I could then change the stereo as PCM2.1 is just crap, and if you change anything, you can't get a warranty......

I trust my Indy more than my OPC. What he doesn't know isn't worth knowing, and he is 10 mins away and puts himself out if something happens. Had a coolant pipe go last year on new years day, he fixed it almost immediately!

Swampy said:
.... my 2year warranty is due to expire by the end of May 2019, I was intending to do as you did with regards to sticking it in for a 111 point check, just wondered how soon before to do it thou... Any suggestions please :)

I'd leave it until late April unless the car is due for a service before then.

If it is in for a service you should be able to get money off the 111 point check if it is done at the same time.

T8 said:
Swampy said:
.... my 2year warranty is due to expire by the end of May 2019, I was intending to do as you did with regards to sticking it in for a 111 point check, just wondered how soon before to do it thou... Any suggestions please :)

I'd leave it until late April unless the car is due for a service before then.

If it is in for a service you should be able to get money off the 111 point check if it is done at the same time.

Thanks T8,
Sorry for the late reply, notification ended up in my spam box, Yes service is due also in May, so i think i will do as you say and take it for the service and check at the end of April, that will give me some 3 weeks to get any issues sorted....
I'm still not sure if i will take out the new warranty, I'm still undecided
:dont know:

Regards

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back