Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine Idle Rough and Cutting Out

Its easy to check a coil pack, I just had one that was on its way out a couple of weeks ago, I changed all the spark plugs first as I had a new set already, then went about unpluging the power connector on each coil in turn until the rough running doesn't change, ie you lose two cylinders running each time you unplug a health coil pack but when you get to the faulty one it doesn't change.

Mine did run rougher with two cylinders not firing but it did not stall, so you may be looking at a different issue anyway?

if its a coil pack there is an easy way to test it.

get under the rear of the car whilst someone else starts it up.

feel the exhaust manifolds on each side and the exhaust manifold pipe that is cold is your culprit.

you have to be quick before it really gets hold and you burn your hands.

it does work and saves you changing all of them and loads of fiddling around

does the car struggle to rev too?

Painless experience as myself and my car was dropped off at Hartech by my recovery service. Pretty sure I spied Phil's motor in the customer car storage area. Stunning bit of kit. Hired a Vauxhall So and So from the local Enterprise Hire and I hope to pick my baby back up on Tuesday 8th. After I get through these damned weekend 12 hour nightshifts.

Spoke to Hartech this morning. Apparently just a vacuum pipe came off in engine compartment. Must admit I looked for that after comments on the forum but you can't see much with these engines. So I pick it up tomorrow. Yippee!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back