Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ollys 997.2 C2S

ragpicker said:
HSC911 said:
Seventy Seven said:
What else have you got tucked away in the garage in the pics .....

Ragpicker had a cool mini too, :thumb:

Indeed Jin, in fact I bought a set of rear camber arms off Olly a few years ago. A deal done in a Tesco car park...

Indeed you did! What a small world!

Last week I fitted the IPD plenum I've had lying around for the last year or so. Haven't had the car out since fitting so can't comment on any changes. The job itself wasn't too bad, maybe a couple of hours at most.

E88s have sadly gone, and have been replaced with some BBS CHRs and Cup 2s. Proper setup. Undecided on the wheels as of yet, but I got an offer I couldn't refuse on the E88s in a part swap deal.

I have a 997.2 GT3 bumper and Cup lip on it's way to me, which in time will need to be balanced with a wing of some sort, may look odd otherwise.

Nice!

If you are running low, which it looks like you are then that lip is a goner in no time.

I had to raise the Ohlins up another 10mm with 997.1 gt3 bumper. It doesnt scrap on daily driving, speed bumps etc. But will on some entries and exits i.e petrol station or steep drive way.

Your car looked awesome on the E88's, looking forward to the CHR's, love those wheels.

Olly, the cup lip is the lowest of the gen2 lips , the slight advantage of the gen2 over gen1 is the shape of it as it protrudes out more it tends to often slide up a bump rather than with the gen1 bending under the bumper. might be worth getting the lip clear wrapped to try and prolong its life :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Olly, the cup lip is the lowest of the gen2 lips , the slight advantage of the gen2 over gen1 is the shape of it as it protrudes out more it tends to often slide up a bump rather than with the gen1 bending under the bumper. might be worth getting the lip clear wrapped to try and prolong its life :thumb:

They're only about £110 from OPC anyway, so I'll just replace it if it gets really bad.

CHRs and new Cup 2s are on. Unsure on them at the minute. Can't get the idea of Weissach Gold out of my head though.

The rears probably need spacing 7-10mm.

Attachments

• chr_192.jpg
    chr_192.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 4,301
I really like the colour :thumbs: How long ago did you have it done and how are you finding the quality of it now?

apollokre1d said:
I really like the colour :thumbs: How long ago did you have it done and how are you finding the quality of it now?

It'd decent. Couple of bits are lifting slightly, decklid and under the mirrors, but they've agreed to fix them. To be honest, I think I'm taking it off. I miss polishing it to within an inch of it's life and the paint looking like glass. You just can't get that with a wrap, no matter how good or how much you pay.

Looks great! :thumb:

Looks great on the CH-R's 👍

GT3 bumper and Cup Lip test fitted.

Now for paint and to take the wrap off.

Needs skirts to balance it out a little now though, I'm tempted to modify some 991 widebody skirts, but can't seem to find any. Not a fan of the 997 widebody skirts.

Attachments

• 997_781.jpg
    997_781.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 3,800
Happy with how this is starting to look now.

Attachments

• img_8108_126.jpg
    img_8108_126.jpg
    880.6 KB · Views: 3,581

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back