Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Newbie

Your car looks very cool - congrats on the purchase 8).

Nice to see those side skirts make an appearance - they do fit in very well with the front splitters and rear spoiler :thumb:.

Look forward to seeing what your plans for the car are, and of course, more pics :).

Ashamed to say a combination of work, holidays and parts not being in stock have meant it has been too long since I updated this thread.

I got suckered in and ordered the Rennline Aluminium Handbrake Handle and Rennline Perforated Aluminium Door Handles too, as well as an aluminium cup holder to replace the cassette box.

I managed to get the final parts fitted yesterday though so here's a few (terrible) photos taken in the underground car park after I had finished.

Forgot to take a 'before" shot with the old gearknob...

u56P8Y1.jpg

After fitting the gauge trim rings and handbrake handle...

ViGLjYr.jpg

The cup holder...

RimfFgK.jpg

And finally the door handles...

Y3LVOsY.jpg

I like your style chum, bling it up first :grin:

Most would start with the 'what lies beneath' issues like suspension unless it's as tight as a monkey's foreskin :dont know:

It had been through a pretty comprehensive prep exercise before I purchased it and feels pretty tight to me. I appreciate you may have more experience of a monkey's foreskin though... :wink:

With the exception of the cassette holder, the items I've replaced are those I interact with every time I drive the car and perhaps if I'd taken better 'before" pics, it would make more sense why I've done that as they really were showing the 147k miles! (In fact, the handbrake handle gives a pretty good idea... :yuk: )

One owner car is a rare find. A truly wonderful looking car and I expect a major step up from the BMW.

Well done and enjoy. I tend to get my hair cut in wandsworth Road so I shall look out for you.

Paul

Welcome and enjoy - makes sense to refresh the touch points. Keep the mods coming!

Amazing find. Car looks lovely in blue. Congrats OP

Alu parts look :bandit:

Mods are a personal thing and done in your own way and time frame. Keep up the good work.

C.

Hi All,

Over a year later and a combination of work and coronavirus-related factors mean that the car is now on 148k miles... yep, I've managed about 1,000 miles in over a year and a half worth of ownership! :roll: :duh:

Unfortunately I cannot justify keeping it so it will be up for sale soon but I'm really struggling with pricing, especially given the huge dispersion seen with manual Coupes on PistonHeads and Autotrader at the moment.

I'd be really grateful for any insight into what anyone thinks would be an appropriate price for a highly specced, 2 owner but obviously higher mileage car?

All the best,

Paul

I can't see if it's a standard Carrera or an S on my phone .

If the former and it's been kept well up together and with that spec and owners I'd say £45 - £48K.

Looks like a very nice example, and only 2 owners from new is rare, and will help it sell I'd have thought. I follow prices of these quite closely - mostly because I own one, but also because I am a geeky accountant. I see a strong correlation between mileage and asking price.

Personally I think the focus on a car's mileage is a bit irrational, but it is what it is, and I'd say you'd be looking at mid-40's for your car. GLWS - wasn't another poster looking for a C2 manual for a friend? "Polo912", was it?

AndyS said:
A lot depends on who you ask.....
You could wait for jonttt and Zingri to give you a price - and then just go with Jonttt's As its worth more than 25 bags that Zingari would dream of paying :grin:

Joking aside, 2 owners goes a long way, and I'd tend to agree with Wozy.

Good luck with sale

:thumb:

Hi

Actually my handbrake is the same colour as yours and also has the rennline alu handle, however it has done 190k miles and is a bit bent. Yours looks pleasingly straight!

Maybe that means your parking brakes work well.

Berni

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back