Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Essential tools for the trunk?

tyinsky

After having a big clear out of everything being carried around in the trunk, I realise I have no jack in there, I have the Porsche tool roll but looking at it half the contents looks redundant for most roadside issues.

I'm planning a massive roadtrip, one which could well see me over 250 miles away from the nearest city in places, out of range on a cell phone and in uncomfortable heat. I'd like to avoid carrying unnecessary items and am thinking about ditching the Porsche roll for a bespoke kit (that I can also put in a roll, probably a custom made one).

Can I ask opinion on what people would take?

There is a hex that I seem to use a lot, a 13 spanner, spare wheel, jack, brace... who has used what in those aggggghhhhhh situations?

Guessing also that a scissor jack for an early Boxster will be the same part as the 993?

Parts also. DME relay, belts, oil. Anything else?

Super glue, insulation tape, tube of evo metal putty, cable ties, jubilee clips, wd40.

Spare belts and the neccessary tools for the pulley. Don't forget the tow hook. Vinyl gloves, warning triangle, reflective jacket, first aid kit, Spare bulbs, thermal blanket, spade. snow chains. DME relay!. Jump leads. Foot pump or tyre inflator that probably won't work.
That's just to go to Tesco's.

In addition to the above, I would stick a screw-driver in the roll (possibly one with interchangeable heads). Also a decent knife for trimming bits, cutting tape etc.

Sounds an exciting trip! Where are you heading?

A tow rope to go with your tow hook (you'd be surprised)
Duct tape (known as Jesus-tape over here)
Maybe a puncture repair kit?
Jump start mini battery pack
Gloves

I think most have covered it off.

Fondue set for the gatherings :dont know:

Zingari said:
I think most have covered it off.

Fondue set for the gatherings :dont know:

Fondue set may add too much weight? I was thinking scented candles as once you've used them there is nothing to carry.

Attachments

• 9b9d77ef_7750_437a_a4ed_f85232a3a136_737.jpeg
    9b9d77ef_7750_437a_a4ed_f85232a3a136_737.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 3,714
Pride Festival edition :thumb:

Don't forget your decals :grin:

1267678556313462631.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member