Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buzzing door speakers again arghhh!

Grey996

The original door speakers used to buzz especially on a track with bass. Thinking it was the speakers and following previous threads i changed the door speakers to JBL GT7's and the dash ones to Alpine SPG10's.

On the first test of the door speakers they were still buzzing as before. I has some foam which I wedged between the door skin and the speaker and this seemed to fix it (I also checked for anything else loose in there but didn't find anything)

They've now started buzzing again, I haven't had the door cards off yet but I'm expecting to find that the foam has slipped down but I'm hoping for a more permanent professional fix so am hoping someone will have some advise. I've had a look around and maybe dynamat in the doors would help?

Thanks

My passenger door speaker buzzes as well, changed it but it still the same.

I had mine checked and it's actually the AMP, often it's dry solder terminals, I have a good contact to have it repaired for a fraction of the price of a new one (I passed it onto one of the guys on here a few weeks ago and he was very impressed with the company). The post was Duff AMP.

PM me if you would like the contact details.

Cheers,
Mark

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back