Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

3.9 here we come!!!

adamw said:
Awesome - that will be amazing once complete
What sort of power is a 3.9 said to make ?
:worship:

It's more about torque than power. Lets face it, there's not much wrong with the 996 once you get past 4k rpm. The issue is more the flatter area around mid-range.

Hartech claim power is increased from 325bhp to 347bhp & torque 273lb ft to 313lb ft. The increase on displacement & torque beefs up that mid range so you're not having to change down as much when overtaking, etc.

That should be epic. Sounds as though they have the spec with emphasis on torque just right.

(Are we allowed to be as uncouth as to ask about cost?)

So long as it's just the conversion and engine parts (So no new clutch, AOS, etc.) I'd guess in the region of £10-£12k.

They're doing a before and after dyno so I'll keep you posted. As for cost...honestly not sure yet 😳

nice, waiting for result :thumb:

A silly little thing but for me to see what Baz looks like is great .. i often wonder who i am talking to .. a picture makes the conversation seem better somehow .

deMort said:
A silly little thing but for me to see what Baz looks like is great .. i often wonder who i am talking to .. a picture makes the conversation seem better somehow .

I thought the same thing when I saw the photo!

Ghianightmare said:
deMort said:

I thought the same thing when I saw the photo!

I had my 993 on the Hartech service plan for a few years (back in '07) from when I first bought the car ... Baz is utterly impressive to meet, both personality wise and in stature!

Hoping to get mine back mid Jan so I'll put something up then...cant wait :lol:

I love hearing about people taking the plunge. That's a tadge more torque than the 310 lbfts in the 9A1 DFI 3.8. Must transform the car! 8)

Gutted :nooo: :nooo: hate reading these posts. :sad: my 997.2 is at Hartech as we speak, but it broke about 6 to 9 months too early and they haven't got the 4ltr conversion ready to go yet for the 997.2. So I couldn't have it ,so will be getting a boring old 3.8 back :wink: on a positive note a new engine will have the full BHP a new engine should have which my 10 yr old engine must have lost a bit and Its getting remapped by Hartech's trusted go to mapper . So hoping it comes back with a bit more than the 400bhp I had got it to before it blew up. :grin: good luck with the 3.9 I look forward to reading about the progress and outcome. :thumb: note to self must ask Baz how much the 4ltr conversion would cost on a fully working Hartech rebuild engine in about 9 months time :floor: :floor: :floor:

interested to follow this.

Mines still dead, sleeping in the garage waiting for me to decide what to do and save some pennies.

The 3.9 conversion is high on the list so may follow suit if it's successful and worth doing.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back