Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Door cards

jond58

Ever since getting the car the one interior 'quirk' that dumbfounds me is the carpeted lower half of the door card. Perhaps it's because it's a savannah beige car but it looks bad, like a cross between pooh bear and a shag pile !! I'm thinking of getting them trimmed in alcantara just wondered if anyone else had done the same? I believe they can be bought in the us but for mega money really

I am in the process of doing exactly this for the rear trim panels in my C4, just waiting for the material to arrive.

MC

I used the guy on eBay, jw autotrim to do my handbrake and was happy with his work. Thinking speedo cowl and front and rear card bottoms in alacantara just wondered if anyone had any experience. More not sure what it'll be like where the speaker part protrudes out. What colour is your interior

I'm interested in this too, my interior is light grey and it think the door card carpet area would look much better in a dark grey alcantara to match the headlining.

I await your DIY pics MC
:thumb:

I will be doing full dashboard, instrument cowl, custom front door cards, rear cards, A,B, and C pillars. Basically all of it. This is how the bottom of the rear cards look after removing the carpet. I'll put full details on my thread as each part is finished.

MC

I've covered panels in a van in a carpet type material before I don't think I fancy DIYing this one! Interesting to see the panel separates easily though, should it make it easier for a trimmer. He's willing to get me some colour swatches from the company he uses to match the alacantara up.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back