Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Needsome 997 Ver 2 bits..?

I saw this and wondered the same thing. Looks like it's just been valeted! Good buy for the right money :thumb:

MattyR, The unfortunate thing is that the 997 can never be put back on the road for whatever reason..!! Perhaps as the result of flood damage where the box sections structure may have suffered potential corrosion issues..??

I suspect that it has to be cut up to some degree to ensure it can not reappear as a complete car ever again. Perhaps to reduce the chance of crooks stealing another 997 and re-trimming the interior or whatever other issues it may have... dunno.

Think I spotted the drivers seat missing in the vid.. perhaps carpets too..

When I look back at the Frankenporsche that was my "restored" 912 back in the 90`s, it just shows the way evolution has created a throw away society... :sad:

Typical me; I didn't read the listing and just assumed it was a Cat d or some such.

You are so correct about this throw-away-society. I personally always buy second hand cars (with the exception of one) due to the resources which go into fabricating a new vehicle. Add to that the usability and good residuals of a nice 911 and I can't understand why we don't see more on the road (okay maybe that's a tad pompous but you catch my meaning!).

You drive a 911 and a lot of folks just assume it's expensive to maintain, costly to repair yadda yadda. In my experience it's the polar opposite, especially if one keeps the motor for a number of years and looks after it. Plus the smiles!

Will you be breaking the car apart and selling the parts?

Make a good track car project at the right price given that no structural damage. Given there hasnt been any major flood incedents recently, I wonder if this is one of the smoke damaged cars from Bolton perhaps?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back