Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anti-Roll Bar Bush Replacement

Mr Bacchus

Happy new year!

Slightly loaded question...I have a C4, rear anti-roll bar is 18mm diameter but the replacement bushes I am trying to fit have a 15mm hole. Supplier (aftermarket) tells me this is correct and has checked stock and all are the same 15mm diameter.

I tried to fit the parts but lost the first round of the fight as I couldn't get the clamp over the bush enough for the bolts to engage and even begin to compress the rubber.

The current bushes do have a 18mm hole but they are Superpro poly bushes that allegedly have the size for size hole due to difficult to compress the poly.

FYI - I replaced the front bushes a few days ago ( bought from OPC) and from memory the hole was same size as the bar, and that was still a fight. I didn't measure those as there was no obvious difference - unlike he rears.

The supplier is being very helpful and has offered a refund but I'm just wondering if I buy them again direct from OPC will I get the same again.

So, do you think the parts are correct with a 15mm hole?

Thanks

Steve

I think you should use the correct size bushes as you need the bar to be able to rotate freely in the bush to allow for correct movement of the suspension under load.

The correct part number for your early C4 with an 18mm bar is:
477 411 313B

15mm sounds a bit too small tbh.

jev911uk said:
I think you should use the correct size bushes as you need the bar to be able to rotate freely in the bush to allow for correct movement of the suspension under load.

The correct part number for your early C4 with an 18mm bar is:
477 411 313B

15mm sounds a bit too small tbh.

Agree with all of the above. I'm going to buy the parts from OPC and see what I get.

Cheers

yes get the correct bushes first, minimum size roll bar on the 964 is an 18mm, powerflex do them

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back